What's new

What about Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Drew Carey and George Lopez Show? (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter

I think Paramount should release the two TV-movies they own ("Sabrina Goes to Rome" and "Sabrina Down Under") on DVD. Maybe that will convince them to bring out the series.

I'm a little late: I was going to mention about two things already mentioned, that the "Sabrina" series originated on ABC's TGIF, which made me wonder about WB owning the complete series as one poster suggested; and about those TV movies: I would love if they got Melissa Joan Hart to do an audio commentary track for them while she watches the films, particularly "Sabrina Down Under". I think the resulting sales would be instrumental in bringing about season one. Am I correct that the original pilot film is already out. (Wasn't it made for Showtime or some other cable channel?)

As for suggesting possible extras to accompany season one:
-I remember Animal Planet had a program about animal actors, and one segment focused on the cat they trained to play Salem for certain scenes.
-Melissa made an appearance on "Mad TV" where she appears as Sabrina, joining other magical characters including Jeannie and I think Harry Potter, who are assembled at the White House.
-Among Melissa's many talk show appearances during the run of the series, I recall one "Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn" (B.F. --- before Ferguson), where she did a comedy sketch with another guest that night, Adam West.
-And she also appeared on a Halloween-themed episode of a talk show, I think it was an early episode of the Ellen Degeneres talk show, but I'm not sure, where David Boreanaz was another guest.
-And on one of her appearances on Conan O'Brien's show, Conan jokingly asked Melissa if she would ever mudwrestle with her then-friend and one-time "Sabrina" guest Britney Spears. "Mud? No ..." she laughed, "... syrup and honey."
-Melissa and Britney did a half-hour special on MTV where they teamed up on a guy's clothing makeover. In discussing their own styles, they mentioned that they both included a lot of bare-midriff outfits in their wardrobe.
-On a later interview, I don't remember what show, Melissa mentioned that she hadn't kept in contact with Britney after their early association due to "Drive Me Crazy", but that she was going to say hello to her at one of the events they both attended but Melissa couldn't get throught the security.
-Lifetime had one of it's hourlong "Intimate Portraits" focus on Melissa, and yet another one focused on Barbara Eden with comments from Melissa, since Barbara had guest starred on "Sabrina".
-And there was also Melissa's reality miniseries built around the planning of her wedding, which would probably make for a DVD set in itself. I can't recall the title offhand.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I think the full title was "Tying the Knot: The Wedding of Melissa Joan Hart". It aired on ABC Family.

If there's any errors in my post, I'll correct it later.

I recall "Boy Meets World" was one of the TGIF shows that Sabrina crossed over with. It sometimes is aired on the Disney Channel, but without the connecting episodes of other series.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
George Lopez recently aired its 100th episode, so there's no excuse for Warner Bros. not releasing season sets. Also, with this series they could capture the expanding Latino market. Besides, it's funny. So why nothing has been done yet?

cameronRJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Cameron
I believe Sabrina did a cross over with Teen Angel. Another show I'd love to see on dvd.

I found a link where somebody describes that story arc between "Sabrina", "Boy Meets World", "Teen Angel" and "You Wish":

http://www.poobala.com/timeball.html

This ABC "Teen Angel" from 1997 did include Maureen McCormick as a member of the regular cast. But I would be more interested in the 1989 series of the same title that I believe aired as segments on "The New Mickey Mouse Club", since that show starred Renee O'Connor long before she played Gabrielle on "Xena", also starring Jason Priestley who even returned for a sequel series shortly before "90210", without Renee but with his future co-star Jennie Garth.

AdamKing

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam Linder

Actually, I remeber that TGIF season. That was my favorite season! I watched every single epsiode of all 4 of those shows! I loved them! I wish we could have them on DVD.....

P.S. Any more news on Drew Carey? Thats probably my #1 unreleased TV show id buy on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks