What about Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Drew Carey and George Lopez Show?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChadKo, Jun 7, 2006.

1. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

I understand why I did. Ron, I apologize for IMing you on there, I only needed to know why it wouldnt let me say anything in the chat. It kept saying "you need voice". I just wanted to know if you could see me post or if there was something up with my computer. I am sure you were busy but I wanted to apologize for that. I just wish I didnt get booted for it because I wanted to ask about Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Drew Carey and George Lopez Show. Any way I could send a message?

Chad

2. AdamKing

AdamKing Auditioning

I think that Sabrina is actually owned by Paramount. But I did want to know about Drew Carey too...

3. JeffSchiller

JeffSchiller Agent

You need to understand how these chats work. Ron is very busy moderating and doesn't have time to explain to every new person how the thing is supposed to work. Did you carefully read the rules?

In these chats, whatever you type is not seen by anyone else unless the moderator allows you to (by changing the mode of the channel for you). You can type and type all you want in the channel and no one will see it, you have to be one of the chosen "top 7" that round, it's kind of like a lottery.

4. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

Sabrina must be a Paramount show - it was distributed by VIACOM.

George Lopez is a Buena Vista show.

5. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

You need voice means that others can't see what you type. Which is the case for everyone except the mods, WB, and whoever is asking the question.

When it's your turn, your voice is turned on. You'll see a "+v chadko", and after your question is asked, your voice is turned back off "-v chadko". The only other time you have voice is when everyone is turned on to all the "yo-ing".

6. Johnny S

Johnny S Stunt Coordinator

I couldn't get the hang of when to say "YO" until near the end. (I know... Call me an idiot) On the last round I got 2nd on my browser, but I geuss it didn't come up in that order for Ron. [​IMG]

7. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

what does this topic have to do with TV Shows on DVD? This is the wrong forum to be discussing this particular topic. ;(

8. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

I got first on my browser every time and I didn't get picked, lol.

9. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason

Chad, if yo want an honest answer, what Mark just referred to is the problem. This forum is for discussing new releases and the like, not for either apologizing to Ron or explaining an action.

Frankly, you need to slow down and read. There have been a spat of threads like this recently (not all from you, obviously) that wouldn't have been posted in the wrong place if the original poster had taken a minute to carefully read the available information.

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I'm pretty sure "Drew Carey" was mentioned. Check the transcript.

11. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

I did read the rules. I even downloaded both of the java and mirc things. I really only wanted to know if I could be seen at any time. I know it was against the rules but I was hoping smething so minor could have been an acception.

As for this not being a fair post, sure it is, because I was questioning about some of the shows as well and how to contact anyone.

George Lopez and Sabrina were on the list of WB releases that I found on this site.

Chad

12. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

Which Sabrina shows? I am sure it isn't a Warner Bros. show - maybe the confusion comes from it was on the WB for a couple of years?

Its Paramount.

13. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason

Chad, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over something as trivial as this. But I will say the following:

You are absolutely right. In the OP, you mentioned the releases you wanted to ask about.

You mentioned them in the second to last sentence of the post. However, the preceeding 5 sentences weren't needed. That's my point. If you wanted to apologize to Ron, I'm sure he would have been apprecdiative of an e-mail or PM. There's no need to bring that situation in here...a forum dedicated to the discussion of TV on DVD...not apologies and expainations of something outside that realm.

So, it's not a fair post, Chad. Asking the question about the release: definately fair. Throwing in everything else: not fair.

14. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

"Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" is owned by Viacom. While the WB did air the final three seasons, they don't own the DVD rights to this sitcom.

15. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Perhaps a moderator can change the thread title to relate it to the TV shows that Chad was asking about.

Also, let's please lay off Chad for posting an apology. It's not like he was insulting anyone. Aren't there enough negative posts out there for people to complain about? [​IMG]

16. Elena S

Elena S Supporting Actor

I agree with the last poster. Stop ragging on the guy. He's human.

17. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

Thank you guys for sticking up for me. I never thought that I would be ridiculed for apologizing.

Chad

18. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

OK, I did some searching on how I learned that Sabrina was a WB property. I read the post at the top of the page about the WB chat and Michael Alden made a list of WB properties and (I believe) #22 said Sabrina, so I went with that. Someone should look over that list. Also, the George Lopez show is on there. Did I misread it?

Chad

19. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

Well according to IMDB, when The WB took the show they were production company and distributor. IMDB is annoying with the fact they label TV stations as distributors so nobody quite knows.

I do know each episode have a Viacom tag.

20. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

I have a VHS tape from Region 2 of Sabrina Down Under and its Paramount.