What's new

What about "Route 66", "Patty Duke Show" & "Leave It To Beaver"? (1 Viewer)

LynnAnn

Auditioning
Hello! I guess I am a "newbie". Can anyone out there tell me if they know if any of the above titles will be released on DVD anytime soon? I think I know my own answer, but I want to ask the experts out there.

Thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi Lynnann! Welcome to the HTF!

Here's a link to get you the answers to your questions. Our good friends at TVShows on DVD keep good track of what's coming out and when. Leave It to Beaver is one show I've been waiting for for a very long time...along with St. Elsewhere. The page I'm linking you to is their "news" page. Just click on the appropriate alphabetical selection at the top and you'll find what you're looking for. There was some very good news for us fans of the Cleaver clan!

Also, this question would have been more appropriate in the section of the forum marked "HT Software - TV Shows". You'll find all sorts of discussions there pertaining to TV on DVD.

Also, check out Coupons and Bargains for where to get the best deals on the TV shows being released on any given week.

Hope to see you around the halls of the HTF!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wouldn't mind seeing Route 66 myself. If the IMDb is to be believed, it is currently owned by Sony. If this is accurate, are the odds of it coming out pretty low? I know Sony did Starsky and a couple of other older shows, but I don't think they do that many.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

See the last couple of posts (Gary OS, Michael Alden) at the "Dennis the Menace" thread for their thoughts on Sony's aversion to releasing black & white TV shows, including "Route 66":

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=243038

Based on Sony's track record to date, we may never see "Route 66" on DVD (at least in an authorized version). I haven't given up hope, but it certainly isn't looking good and licensing to Image Entertainment (which has an excellent track record for b&w shows) would be such a logical choice, given the great work that they've done with "Naked City," "The Twilight Zone," and "The Dick Van Dyke Show," among others.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I emailed universal last week asking about leave it to beaver season 3.But recieved no response.Something tells me we would have had all six seasons released by now.If this show would have been a paramount property.after all look at how quickly they released two of their classic comedies I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

I haven't quite either, Bob. Next to "The Fugitive" and "The Twilight Zone", "Route 66" offered up some of the greatest dialogue and engaging drama the medium has ever seen in a weekly series. A great, great semi-anthology that offered up thoughtful 'slices of life' in each teleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks