What's new

what about optoma? (1 Viewer)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
Has anyone seen the optoma movietime? Does it compare to In-Focus's 4805? Or what about the new Sharp? Thanks.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
There is a lengthy review of the Optoma Movietime at avsforums. It appears to me picture quality is comparable to the SP4805. Unless your budget won't allow it, I would recommend looking at 720p projectors and not 480p projectors.

Chris

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I got it for under $2200 from a local brick and mortar chain, pm me if you want details. It's only under $2k after the rebate. Plus now with the rebate you get 'up to' $300 in rentals from blockbuster.

Kirk Patrick

Stunt Coordinator
Shad R

you can get a Z2 from projectorpeople.com for $999 shipped which is a 720P projector

you can also get an H31 which a 480P with screen from costco for 1249

it's all a matter of what the viewer sees but based on my research the 480P H31 seems to be regarded better than the 720P sanyo especially for dvd's (my own primary interest)

if you are going to watch the a lot of hi def and sports perhaps the Z2 is a better choice

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks