What about Bubba Ho-Tep?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Lutter, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Is this film EVER going to be released in theaters/on DVD? I for one am a HUGE Bruce Campbell fan and would like to be given the CHANCE to see this picture [​IMG]
    From what I understand, there is no distrubutor(?). Any possiblity? [​IMG]

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Bruce is currently running around screening it. It should be screening here in Philly at the Prince Music Theater (http://www.princemusictheater.org) at the end of the month

3. Ryan Potts

Ryan Potts Stunt Coordinator

I would love to see this movie. someone needs to pick this one up before I'm "forced" to buy it on DVD...

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

My friend Erik saw it in Chicago and actually got to sit and jaw with Bruce himself! Let me see if I can get Erik in here to comment...

5. Erik Childress

Erik Childress Auditioning

Yep,

I sure did. Bruce was in town to screen the film at the Flashback Horror/Sci-Fi Convention here in Chicago a few weeks back. I was introduced to Bruce who was totally cool, talked to me for about ten minutes before an overzealous freakfan interrupted the flow of our conversation. This was at a reception before the screening of the film that I was invited to and I watched as Bruce took the time to sit down at tables with people and just chat away. He did a Q&A before the screening as well and that was a testament to how dumb people can be or how clever they think they are. Why would someone ask Bruce if "Crimewave 2" is ever coming out? I guess so Bruce would realize the stupidity of that question and call them a dumbass.

Anyway - I thought the film was great. Truly great. I've written a review of it and I'm going to be posting it this week. I'll be sure to post it here as well. I hope any word of mouth awakens some distributor to the arthouse potential of this movie before it goes to video. Believe me - they are TRYING to get a release and the film is good enough to warrant it. I've been saying that if the film does get a release in 2002 then Campbell is going to be on my ballot as one of my nominees as the best actor of the year. No B.S. - he is THAT good!

Erik