What's new

What About Brian? season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Amazingly enough, ABC brought back "What About Brian?" from its short run at the end of last season. In the 10-spot EDT.

All I can remember was that the mom was cheating, and hubby knows something is up. Will Brian's declaration of love for his best friend's girl before their wedding rock the whole group dynamic?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I LOVE this show and am happy it's back! (I recorded last night's and will be watching it shortly.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't too impressed with the opening episode, but maybe it'll find its footing sooner, rather than later.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Based on the number of posts in this thread I'm guessing not too many people are watching this. That's too bad as I think it's a pretty good show. I came across this show last season and caught a few of the episodes (but not all of them). It grabbed my attention enough to get me to watch this season when I started seeing the previews.

The acting is actually very good overall, the writing, while a little bit "soapy" at times, is pretty good as well, and just about all of the characters are likable in their own way. I was curious what direction the show would take after the Marjorie thing blew up, and they actually handled it pretty well. Not sure how I feel about the latest news about Rosanna Arquette's husband though. I couldn't help but think he's actually still alive given that it seems he's been blowing her off since the show started.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I got into this series last year and have watched all_ episodes . I found it to be well done,funny at times,serious at other times. I'd be a liar if I didn't admit I find the ladies on here hot, especially Marjorie,but that's just me. :) I agree with Scott, I wasn't sure where this show's direction was going to go after the marjorie thing blew up but amazingly, it's working out . Something I have noticed now, seems like every__ one of the main characters are now being faced with life changing drama. What a tangled web we weave.....

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Haven't seen any posts lately for this show,so I thought I'd write. I'm still enjoying this show,kinda miss Marjorie,but Heather or her stripper name "Summer" is looking pretty hot. Keeps things interesting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why is Sarah Lancaster (Marjorie) still in the credits? Is she coming back? In real life they (Matthew Davis, AKA Adam, and Sarah) are an item, though.

I'm all for seeing more Krista Allen on TV.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
I've found the show interesting enough to watch regularly. I can't imagine how it's doing in the ratings against the two super-hyped shows on C/N-BC. Maybe ABC will stick with it as the best they can hope for as alternative programming. I hope so.

P.S. Since people are touting their favorite actresses on this show, I'll admit a real weakness for the super-cute Amanda Detmer.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Enjoy the show a great deal as well. But has anyone ever seen Barry Watson and Timothy Olyphant in the same place at the same time?
Just me?

Also, took me forever to place Amanda 'Deena' Detmer as Sandy Perkus in Saving Silverman.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I think I've never seen Josh Duhamel and Timothy Olyphant in the same place at the same time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When I saw Olyphant in "The Girl Next Door" I really thought it was a grittier version of Duhamel. To me Watson has more of a bowl-shaped head, plus his hairline is receding much more than Duhamel or Olyphant.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Pretty good episode Monday night,not a huge surprise about Bridget,or whatever really was going on with Angelo,these things happen. With all the drama going on here,seems like Jimmy is the only one who has it together,as far as we know. You sometimes have to laugh to keep from crying,lol.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I've been keeping up with the series but missed last night's episode. I'm glad Hot Gift Shop Girl (Marjorie, is she hot or what?!?! ,lol) is back on, I kinda missed her and thought she added alot to this series.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show came dangerously close to Jumping the Shark with the whole Marjorie thing, but I think they managed to squeak around it, at least for now. I have to say, now that Marjorie is back I realize she isn't even needed. Bridgette and Heather are much better characters (and actors for that matter).

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Looks like it's a new episode tonight with a couple of new hotties moving into Brian's complex.:)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the producers are just going to rotate in a bunch of hotties all season long at Brian's apartment complex, now that he's the Schneider of the place.

I was liking the Nomadic existence for Dave, but nudist Adam was just all shades of wrong. If you don't want the guy to stay at your place, just say so. :)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I missed last week's episode ,appears I missed some big changes that went down.I don't think I'm going to miss Summer, I thought that was really foolish of Adam to get involved with her in the first place. Someone,lol, needs to get back together with Marjorie,Dave and Deena just need to get back together,it was ridiculous that they split in the first place,if they wanted to swing,swing,if not ,stay monogamous,it's obvious they love each other,and their children. Anybody else not digging the nanny storyline? I had this impression Nicole was looking forward to having her baby and spending alot of time with the baby,but she hires a nanny,lol, and_ she's already worked through the grieving period for her late husband and is ready to fall in love again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks