What About Bob?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ZackR, Oct 7, 2004.

1. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

Just wondering if anyone has heard any news about a new release of What About Bob? It is a family favorite of ours, along with Groundhog Day. I have the current release, but it is not-anamorphic. Come to think of it, neither is Groundhog Day (I think). We will hopefully be getting a widescreen set soon, and I would love to be able to get anamorphic versions of these. Any news on SE's or new releases?

2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Don't know about Bob, but Groundhog Day is definitely anamorphic. I have the SE, but I think that even the original release was anamorphic.

3. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info on Groundhog Day. We have been moving stuff the last few weeks and I wasn't able to check to be sure myself. I would love an anamorphic What About Bob? though! The prospect of getting a 16x9 set has made me really aware of what titles I own that are anamorphic and which are not...

4. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

You never know, but I wouldn't expect an anamorphic Bob anytime soon. Clearly it's not a high priority for the studio or maybe they'd have done it as something other than a bargain title in the first place. It'd be great to get a new one, but I won't hold my breath.

5. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

My What About Bob from the Bargain Bin is pretty nice...

Speaking about Groundhog Day - SE, are there any good places to find it under $18?

Ryan