What's new

'WHAT ABOUT BOB?'. What about a SE? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just picked this up over the weekend, 10 bucks at K-Mart :), and it's one of my all time favorite comedies as i've seen it countless times. I just love Richard Dreyfuss in this! Who knew the guy could be so damn funny!? :laugh:
The video is decent enough I guess for an LD transfer, i've seen way worse than this, but the lack of resolution is very apparent, the audio is 2.0 Dolby Surround only (not really complaining about that, it sounded really good) and their are no extra's on the disc at all except for a trailer. I'd give anything to hear a commentary by Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Murray! No chance in hell, but I can dream can't I? :)
A new anamorphic transfer, some extra's and i'll be happy.
Anyone else on board with this?
quote...
"Don't Hassle Me, I'm Local"

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just watched this again recently too John. Yes, a SE would be nice for nearly all of Bill Murray's movies:

We already have SE's of:
Groundhog Day
Ghostbusters

A rumored SE was also mentioned for Stripes but nothing yet...

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I'd be on board. Even though the ending remains unsatisfying for me, I love the movie as a whole and would be willing to upgrade if a better disc came out. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. At least the current disc is nicely-priced.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Tim,
I find it funny that the same guy who directed 'What About Bob?' is the same guy who did the voice of the charactor you quoted in your signature. :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Good Call John. Funny I never really paid attention to this until I read a recent Star Wars Insider article and they listed Frank Oz's filmography...Hated In & Out but loved What About Bob!

"I'm Sailing, I'm Sailing!!!" -Bob

Matt Giggey

Stunt Coordinator
I would gladly upgrade if it had a commentary track with Murray and Dreyfus, but otherwise I am satisfied with the current one. Great movie!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Like I said, I would love that, but I think I remember hearing stories that Murray and Dreyfuss didn't really get along that well on the set, that's the reason I doubt such a great commentary track will ever happen sadly. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks