What's new

what about another dino movie? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
looks like this one is still under radar.

a sound of thunder. according to corona, the premise is :

"Time-travelling hunters return to the time of the dinosaurs to go for the ultimate prey: a tyrannosaurus rex. For fear of changing the timeline every single item of consequence is accounted for: the hunters never touch the ground, the bullets quickly deteriorate into nothing, and the animal selected to be shot will die in moments anyway...so what could go wrong? A very small thing, but it's enough. "

now, if there were people who think this should not be made, fire away! i would like to hear your opinions!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Sounds like a Robert Heinlein short story - can't remember the title. It was even done as an episode on his anthology series IIRC.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
This film stars Ben Kingsley, and is slated to be released next year, unless it gets delayed or sidetracked.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I personally would like to see a films based on the novel Meg. Could be a great shark film if put in the right hands.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yes that's it - Bradbury not Heinlein. Thanks Randall.

The powers to be here would have to pad the story quite a bit. There's barely enough story there for a hour long episode never mind a feature length movie.

Hopefully they'll give Bradbury a shot at the screenplay.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
It is like that Simpson's episode from one of the Treehouse of Horror episodes. Homer goes back, and changes one little thing. The world completely changes, then he keeps going back and fixes and destroys more. Funny stuff.
Anyway, sounds like a cool movie, and I'm there for any dinosaur movie. :D

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
They made The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms from the Bradbury short story "The Fog Horn," so adapting "A Sound of Thunder" could be done. Of course, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms ignored the point of "The Fog Horn" and was simply a giant-prehistoric-monster-run-amok flick, so I'm keeping down my expectations for any full-length "A Sound of Thunder" adaptation. It's really just a surprise-ending story that doesn't have the meat for a feature film, so a lot of new material (like, the plot) will have to be created.

Yeah, give Bradbury a shot at the screenplay!

Jan

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

The management company that represents me also prepresents the author of MEG, Steve Alten. The book's been through the development ringer several times now, and last she told me it was still in turn around at Disney.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The book's been through the development ringer several times now, and last she told me it was still in turn around at Disney.
Given the failure of the "giant beast" movies this summer, such as Reign of Fire and Eight-Legged Freaks, I'd expect that's where it will remain, though I'd like to see it too. Wonder when the third book, Angel, is coming out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks