What's new

What about a PUG? (2 Viewers)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I watch the pug getting his bath I see two family members who love each other very much. That dog loves his master and understands the bath is special treatment, an expression of love from his master. Why wouldn't he love the bath?

Now cats, no matter I much I love them, they are not going to think a bath is an expression of love. They're more likely to think I'm a dirty sob, for doing it to them.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
When I watch the pug getting his bath I see two family members who love each other very much. That dog loves his master and understands the bath is special treatment, an expression of love from his master. Why wouldn't he love the bath?

Now cats, no matter I much I love them, they are not going to think a bath is an expression of love. They're more likely to think I'm a dirty sob, for doing it to them.
Johnny, reminds of my first two cats, Wilbur - physically looked like he was Siamese, but pure black, short hair. And Charlotte - Pure white long hair, blue eyes and she could hear (I've had many people say she was a rare exception. Because of some genetic problem, supposedly most cats like her are deaf, who knows, maybe some old wives tale).

Charlotte, with her long white fur that constantly needed combing, loved to sleep in my fireplace. It was a rental, so I could only put up a screen, but no matter what I did, she'd find her way in and nap while I was at work. She'd act all innocent when I got home, but pure white, sleeping in the ashes, pretty obvious so she was always "busted".She actually enjoyed her baths, very odd for a cat, but she loved the warm water, baby shampoo and the massage she got.
Have a black lab now. Actually very clean dogs but I bathe her a few times a year anyway. She absolutely hated it at first, and as she grew it just got worse. Lifting a 75 lb. dog into the tub when they don't want to do it can really be a pain.Then suddenly one day she completely shifted gears. She could tell what I was planning, getting towels and shampoo all prepped for her and she just jumped into the tub and waited patiently. Never had a problem since then.
Sometimes our pets can surprise us in the strangest ways.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
HL2xlzK.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks