What's new

What about a JJ Abrams helmed Star Trek TV show? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
By now, we all know the big news is that JJ Abrams has been asked to produce and possibly direct Star Trek 11.

But I wanted to toss this thought out. Star Trek came from television. It's at its best there. It allowed for arcs and during the TOS era, it allowed for allegorical stories. And it allowed all the characters a chance to have something to contribute.

The film series had a few good moments, Star Trek 2, 4, 6 and First Contact. I'll even add that Star Trek-TMP was a great movie.

So what if JJ Abrams and some of his Lost crew where to tackle Star Trek on TV? Is there a network that would take it? Would it be a new show after TNG or the much rumoured young Kirk and Spock story.

Nelson

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I only ever watched TNG religiously but I would definitely check out a new Star Trek show helmed by J.J. Abrams.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Would they be lost on a mysterious section of space (uncharted) in which one of the members of the crew was a double agent and Greg Grunberg just happens to show up every once in a while?
heh

I'd love a JJ helmed Star Trek (I'm a big JJ fanboy), but the man is so busy as it is, he's dropping one show, picked up another, working on a couple of movies, he'd have to find a darn good production staff. I still think a J. Michael Star Trek or let Manny Coto do his show, not come into something that's failing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks