What's new

What A/V inputs do I need? (1 Viewer)

John P C

Auditioning
Hi,

So, I spent the last three years with a small TV that only could handle a cable television hook-up. Now, I have inherited a TV that has a video input and an audio input.

My question: Is this good enough for a DVD player? If so, what would you recommend? I would prefer something that is or can become all-region.

Thanks a lot!

John S

Senior HTF Member
The all-region thing throws a wrench into the works some, buy any DVD player should be able to hook up to that TV via the provided inputs.

John S

Senior HTF Member
No, just that the all region players are not so easy to find as another recently posted on these forums.

Some of the more inexpensive players can be what is called region hacked though.

If you find an all region player, and purchase it, post back, several on here would probably be interested to know what you got.

John P C

Auditioning
Whoops, that was a phrasing mistake on my part. I am interested in a DVD Player that can play any region, whether it works out-of-the-box or needs to be hacked.

Two I've been considering: the $40 CyberHome model from Best Buy or the Philips DVP642.

Any thoughts on those?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm The Philips DV770 I think it is, gets some of the most positive reviews in the multi-region arena. I really don't know as much as some on it as I should. There are somne good threads right now in Audio/Video Sources section of these forums though.

John P C

Auditioning
I searched Amazon for that one you just mentioned and didn't come up with anything.

I was referring to this:

(Edit: I can't post a link, but you'll see what I'm talking about if you search for Philips DVP642 at Amazon)

I've read that that can be hacked. I'll go check that other forum.

Thanks for your replies.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Ooops I meant Philips DVP727 sorry about that man, it was a fat fingered typo.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks