What a terrible day...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Fisher, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I had to say goodbye to my Marantz receiver today. I used my college graduation money to buy it thinking I would get a job right after college.

Well, over month later, here I am; jobless, and with no money. So bye bye Marantz receiver, hello shitty sounding music. Back to my old Kenwood receiver. Did someone throw a blanket over my Axiom's??? No, its the sweet sound of the Marantz missing...

Now I have to get a job to get my Marantz back...

Marantz owners will feel my pain...

2. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I feel your pain Paul. Been there before.[​IMG] Cheer up, better days are coming.[​IMG]

3. Ferran Mazzanti

Ferran Mazzanti Stunt Coordinator

Uff Paul, sorry to hear that. But think it the other way around: I had to wait several years after getting a job to collect the money and, even worse, to get my wife's approval to spend it [​IMG] But then I went for the Marantz and now I feel the long wait was worth it... what's left? Earn more to get a nice couple of speaker boxes (I mean nice one, not just good). And then? Even more to buy a HUGE TV widescreen. And then? WHo knows, but there's gonna be something else for sure.
    Before I got the HF illness, I was fond of computers and found that was a pretty expensive hobby. Then I moved to HIFI/HT and bills were doubled... So don't get too rough with your actual situation. Those of us who have a job and have some money to spend, still wish we had 10 times more to spend in more expensive toys. That thing never ends...

4. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    I suppose I'm "glad" I wasn't into hifi or HT while I was an impoverished student. a simple mini-compo was enough for my music needs, and since LDs were so exorbitant it wasn't something I even looked at. so when your source is VHS, you don't worry too much about the audio or video equipment.
    funny thing is my SO was griping the other day about how I've been putting so much effort into assembling HT gear for our new apartment, when in the past I wasn't bothered at all by audio quality. my response: I have now "seen the light" -- or should I say "heard the music" -- and have now heard the difference good equipment makes. plus now I've got the moolah to indulge a bit... [​IMG]