What a joke! -- Copy DVDs Using a CD Burner

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brajesh Upadhyay, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Like others here I'm sure, I probably get a couple of these junk e-mails per day. I wonder if they all originate from this site.
    Hope none of you fall for this crap.

2. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    I have gotten a ton of e-mails from that site, and I always ignored them. I never really looked close enough to be able to tell that they were advertising that you could burn DVD's

with a CD-R. That's rediculous. Should they be investigated for false advertising?

3. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

I get those spams too. I think they're pushing software that will rip DVDs and encode them in the DiVX (MP4) format which allows them to fit on a CD-R, with a definite loss in quality.

Maybe I should find out where they are based from and send a nice friendly email to the MPAA. I'm no fan of piracy, but I *HATE* spam!! It seems like a lot of illegal stuff is marketed with spam.

KJP

4. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

Like you guys, I get a few of those emails a week and am totally sick of it.
    Unfortunatly my Dad got one and believes this is possible [​IMG] I've tried to tell him numerous times and have sent him links to sites that say its not possible (with maintaining quality) but he is quite bull-headed.

5. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
  6. Michael St. Clair