What's new

What a job!! (1 Viewer)

NikkiJo

Grip
Just read a recent article about this woman who drives around in a big orange van and charts roads for a living. She works for Tele Atlas, a mapping company, and it seems pretty fun to me :) I'd love to drive around all day! I think the TomTom ONE i used a few months ago has her to thank - i didn't get lost once!

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Hey, I just saw a tele atlas mini van on I-5 on Monday, mid-day.

Lots of cameras on the top of the vehicle. I wondered where they park that vehicle at night...if travelling...the cameras looked permanently affixed to the roof of the automobile.

NikkiJo

Grip
No way - really? I was really intrigued by the article - it's amazing what needs to go into staying current, but if you saw them on the road, seems like they're really making an effort. Pretty cool. Good question - I wonder where they do park at night?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
If driving all day and stopping to clean the lens after every bug or raindrop is your idea of fun...

mylan

Screenwriter

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, either very boring or very aggravating. Back in the late 80's I was in QA for a cell phone company and I took new samples out and did signal strength readings close to and far away from cell towers, it got old quick.

mylan

Screenwriter
I always wondered who "that" guy was talking to, poor bastard on the other line, i've had days like that....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks