What a great British Open!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Perry, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

I thought the best part was Gary Evans' saga on 17 and 18. To go from the pits of depression from losing your ball amongst a throng of people, to the euphoria he felt after getting up and down from the position of his original drive. It was great drama.

The only beef I had was the decision to have two twosomes play in the playoff instead of having all four finalists together.

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

The only beef I had was the decision to have two twosomes play in the playoff instead of having all four finalists together.

Mine too since 4-somes are a normal part of Golf.
    And they all certainly have had some nasty weather to contend with this year, many have said that it is either the worst they have ever experienced or one of their top 2.

KyleS

3. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

I don't know why, but I really enjoyed seeing Tiger card an 81, hitting that bunker shot directly into the bunker wall and having it come back into the sand, and missing a couple of 'gimmie' putts. Probably because I always do that and it makes me feel a bit better knowing it happens even to the best of em'!!!!

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

The best part was Colin Montgomery's 64 one day, and an 84 the next. A british Open record for the worst round-to-round score, incredible, I wonder how he felt, haha.

5. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

If you wonder how he felt, here's a quote:

After lambasting the media, Montgomerie added: "I'm very hurt by it. I've pulled out of tournaments for the next two weeks. I can't handle it any more."

6. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Wow, I was really hoping that he would win it all. I think he gets way to much flack from the americans and I would have loved to of seen him win it all in front of his country, he deserves a Major!

7. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I still can't believe Levet pull out his driver on the 18th hole when he didn't need to, and he did it twice, and that costed him the championship.

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Patrick, maybe he got a tip on course management from fellow French British Open loser Jean van de Velde. [​IMG]
    This was a great tournament, but I too would have liked to see a foursome at the playoff. They don't play foursomes in the regular round though, so it's udnerstandable, but would have made it even more exciting.
    Seems like Els is the only one that can consistently give Tiger a run for the money (I was one of the few(?) who felt really bad for Tiger when he shot the 81, I was hoping for a Grand Slam....)
    /Mike

10. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

11. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

12. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Would you have the same opinion Jeremiaj if I said Phil Mickelson deserves a major?

13. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I would. I don't think anyone "deserves" it, but it sure would be nice to see Montgomery and Mickelson win one... don't think it'll happen though.

/Mike