What's new

what a better buy Panasonic SA-HE200 or Onkyo TX-SR600 ? (1 Viewer)

Tony-Merit

Agent
I can get the Panasonic SA-HE200 for $100 cheaper. I listen to Home theater about 40% and music 60% of the time. Both receiver have similar features and are in my price range of $500. My concern with the Onkyo TX-SR600 is it its 80 watts x 6. My two front speakers are JBL rated a 200 watts. Will the Onkyo TX-SR600 be able to push my JBL's? The SA-HE200 is 130 watts x 6. Does wattage make big deference? also I am not sure if the Onkyo TX-SR600 has a A&B switch. Thanks in advance to any one that can help me out.

Joe_B_M

Grip
I can't speak from experience regarding the Onkyo, but I would certainly bet that the Panasonic would perform as well or better than it any day. There will surely be many others that will have another opinion.

I highly recommend the HE200, it has worked very well for me.

MichaelFusick

Second Unit
Onkyo claims to build there reciever better than other competing brand with the use of better quality parts like larger power supplies and things...

The Onkyo sounds cleaner than the panny to my ears...

I think it is a better quality reciever.

The HK is a nice model too, but $100 more with better sound quality. (opinion, I have experience with all of them)

30 Day return policy should be implemented in the case you want to switch one for another in the event of dislike.

If your happy and think it sounds good, thats all the matters. Sound is a very subjective opinion regarding what sounds best.

Tony-Merit

Agent
I did get to hear the Panasonic SA-HE200 and it surprisingly sounded very good. I did not get a chance to hear the Onkyo TX-SR600. I hope to go some time soon and check it out. I have heard very good things about the Panasonic SA-HE200. I just have not seen any thing good or bad about the Onkyo TX-SR600 I am just not familiar with it.

Thanks

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Oh man, Mike, you're invading all my boards:D
First, HTS then AVS and now HTF what next HTT.. whoops...

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO the panny trounces the onkyo..I have heard both for what its worth I bought the panny

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Tony,

I have not heard either, but you may want to consider the new Denon 1803 over both of these choices. I have a Denon 1802 and didn't even consider Panasonic when I bought it - maybe I should've, but I've just never heard a Panasonic receiver in the past that impressed me. I use my receiver for music more than HT, so this is probably what influenced my decision to lean towards Denon.

Reg

RyanRR

Auditioning
Does anyone know if the Panasonic SA-HE200 has the multi-source capability to connect and listen to 2 speakers in a different room?

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
ive demored both the panny adn the TXSR600 i'd say go with teh onkyo sound much better in my opinion to me the panny just sounded like expensive crap like my old reciver then again iw as useing custom built speakers to dwmo them on so... gues it depends on if u have good speakers or not

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Did you listen to the HE200 with the HQ (variable gain control) on? Turns it into a very different beast. Try the different Re-Mastering options too.

As far as I'm concerned, the HE200 is one of the best price/performance deals out there right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks