What's new

What’s the very first video game you EVER played? (arcade included) (1 Viewer)

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
First video game was Pong on a machine from Sears. I can't remember if it was Sears branded or not - I just remember my Mom buying it at Sears.

I don't remember my first arcade game but I know I played a game called Venture quite a bit.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I started out on Pong as well. It was a gift for my dad that my sisters and I took over. Way back then (mid 70s) when we were good they'd haul it out and connect it to our old tv, set the channel to three and the games would start.

I think the arcade first was space invaders. First home system was on the Commodore 64. Had quite a few spin-off aracade type games for that system.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I was only about 4 or 5 when I played video games for the first time, so I can't remember the exact game. All I know is that it was on the Atari 2600. It might've been Ms. Pac-Man, but I'm not sure.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
The Atari 2600 wasn't available yet, so I'm pretty sure it was either Pac-Man or Space Invaders (the arcade machines.)

KyleK

Second Unit
It was either Wolfenstien, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, or Xargon, on my dad's old computer. Has anyone ever played Cosmo or Xargon before? I don't know of anyone else who has played them. In Cosmo you were a litte green alien with suction cups for hands who was searching for his parents. I think in Xargon you were an archaeologist in Madagascar who either was transported into another world or hallucinating. It was intentionally left unclear in the game. Do these ring any bells for anyone?

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Arcade: Space Invaders (remember they had the colored screen over the screen to make the shields look like they were colored?)

Home: Combat (I kicked butt with the dogfighting games)

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
Moon Cresta in the arcades. I remember there was this ultra-cool sequence where you have to dock your ship to another one to get increased firepower. Back then (I was about 5-6 years old), all I did was move back and forth and shoot, because that's what the machine did during the demonstration mode (before you insert a coin).

Jason_H

Second Unit
We had one of the Pong home systems when I was about 3 in 1981. From there on...

Intellivision and C-64 at age 5, then on to NES...from there expanded to everything else (PC, SNES, and onward). And lots 'o arcade playing along the way!

Patrick R.E.

Agent
The first video game I play it was Pong on a coleco telstar in 1979 man this was a boring game i play like 20 min and i never play with it again.
The first video game i play to must is The legend of zelda on nes :) and i still play it today on a emulator on my pc.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
First thing i played was the Pong System

But first real console was intellivision

Bowling, Burger Time, Froger, Atlantis and so on

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I remember playing pong, but the first game I remember playing at home all the time with my cousin was Utopia on the aquarius. Also on the TI-99/4A we played Munch Man and Tombstone city all the time. I also thought the Atari Lynx (although not that old) RAWKED. Slimeworld was an excellent game for this handheld unit. Remember when street figher 2 came out? Must have been early 90's, I was in high school and I remember the lines at the kwik ship after school to play that game. That and Double Dragon. Man I loved those games. Those were the days. : P

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Pong, Computer Space around the same time.

Then Night Driver and Breakout a bit later.

Space Invaders seemed quite complex graphically by the time it came out!

Sev_Erouston

Agent
Hey Dave Bennett, Missile Command was awesome. Blanketing the sky with missiles was great. Remember joust and defender?

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
For me it was one of these three games, I don't know what I played first because I got them all at the same time.
Munch Man

Parsec

Alpiner

All of these were on the TI99er, my first computer.
Dean

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Oh man. Munch Man? At least today the rapid-fire litigation teams put an end to that sort of lazy-ass shameless game stealing.

I wanna play a game about serving litigation now...

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I first played Pac-Man in the arcades. That and Donkey Kong were my favorites back then, although I eventually got into many different games. At home, we used to have a Telstar with Pong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks