What's new

What’s Your Favorite TV Series with actor Roy Thinnes? (1 Viewer)

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Among the television shows starring actor Roy Thinnes, find:

The Long, Hot Summer (1965-1966) as Ben Quick
The Invaders (1967-1968) as architect David Vincent
The Psychiatrist (1970-1971) as psychiatrist Dr. James Whitman

Which one you pick as your favorite one and why?

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
The Invaders all the way for me. A show with a well-handled sci-fi angle will always win out for me over a standard drama, no matter how well done.

That said, I would welcome a release of The Long, Hot Summer and The Psychiatrist. I like
Thinnes' intensity as an actor, and wish he had had a bigger career. I especially wish The Norliss Tapes had spawned a series.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My fondness is for The Invaders. I did enjoy the few episodes of The Psychiatrist I remember seeing. I thought he did great work in the supporting role of Roger Collins on the remake of Dark Shadows. I was too young to have seen the other listed series.

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
The Invaders all the way for me. A show with a well-handled sci-fi angle will always win out for me over a standard drama, no matter how well done.

That said, I would welcome a release of The Long, Hot Summer and The Psychiatrist. I like
Thinnes' intensity as an actor, and wish he had had a bigger career. I especially wish The Norliss Tapes had spawned a series.

I wish that the surviving greats were still being utilized. It would be amazing to see Thinnes as he is now in a current project involving a new character or a revisited/updated old one. Recent interviews show him to still be possessed of a certain intensity.

DIdn't Spielberg direct a Psychiatrist or 2? Surprised more of his TV work hasn't been released to DVD.

To answer the question, my favorite is the Invaders, followed by Norliss and his episode of the Fugitive, and the one episode of the Psychiatrist that I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks