Wharfedale Zaldek Series v

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rich Milak, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Rich Milak

Rich Milak Agent

Does anybody have any input on these?[​IMG]

2. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

It's a new line. I am not sure if it has even been released to dealers yet. Some Beta units may be out for testing but thats just a guess at this point.

Where did you find the information you have now?

On site, or do you have a specific link showing or telling something?

Geoff

3. Rich Milak

Rich Milak Agent

BestBuy.com has them along with the Diamond 8's soon. I work there and get a discount. I heard a lot of good things about the diamond series.

4. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hi Rich
    The Wharfedale Dimond line has been around for a very long time and they contiue to refine it. It's won it's share of audio awards.
    The "other speaker" you mentioned, I know nothing of. Being that their going to be picked up by BB (nothing personal) it's definitly not from the new highend Wharf line that their looking to bring to market.
    Those lines will be Highend Dealer shown and sold only.
    They do have a number of speakers on the design board for R/D but of these new HIGH END lines, at this time the only completed and Dealer available High End speaker line is the ~{Pacific EVO}~, or called Evolution Series....
    Looks like I need to make another call to Jeff (Wharf-USA) and see whats the ups...
    BB now carrying the Diamonds, very cool as it is a very good speaker for the money, but seems strange to see Wharf going that way. I am sure there is a method to their sales maddness.[​IMG] $$$$
    Question Rich :::>
    Will they have the full Diamond line & also all finishes, or only certain speaks and finishes?
    Thanx
    Geoff

5. Rich Milak

Rich Milak Agent

6. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Appears to be an on line item only at this time. Also noticed that none are in stock except the bi-pole surrounds and one other speak that I forget at this time.

After a quick search, seems they have been design for contemprary music and high spl levels, incorprating more of a PA type design. (Their words)

Horn flairs on the mid and tweet, and lets just say a very contemporary design in looks. Could only find (the weight) for the bi-pole surronds at 16lbs, and for their size would seem a little light in weight.
    This dose not mean they will sound bad, just something I noticed. BB's site says binding posts and some place else says spring clips....hummm
    Wired internaly with Monster z-cable, ooooo
    No mention of Bi-wire Bi-Amp at all.

As you mentioned, the Diamonds are not their yet, (BB) but coming, so what their going to carry in that line is still unknown.

Could be a sleeper (the Zaldek line)) and then again another mistake IMO by Wharfedale. Seems that they have built a few mistakes in the last few years. Must be nice to be that big a CO and throw new designs out on what seems almost a weekly basis.

Just have to wait for some reports to flow in on these very interesting looking Zaldek speakers. Definitly looks wise, designed to grab the younger crowds attention. I have no doubt they play loud with horn fairs and as much as 93db+ eff, but sound good doing it, uuuuhhh, thats yet to be seen and heard.

Thanks for the heads up Rich
    Geoff