Wharfedale vs Jamo vs Paradigm

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent Cantrell, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

Generally how do Wharf & Jamo compare against the Paradigm? (I mean in general, I have no dealers except for Jamo here, and if you see my post in AH, you'll understand). Wharfedale's got some kind of special going on for a 5.1 setup, but I don't see how for that price they're any good. (Plus I need no sub). Just looking for general opionions, I'll have to demo later. Thanks!!!
    ------------------
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I've visited a few shops in Birmingham and listened to several great systems there. Last year we set up my brothers HT and spent some time demo-ing. I was impressed with Jamo but they are kinda pricey. I don't think we found a Paradigm dealer there but I have listened to Paradigm in Memphis. Bought some of those for a system I set up in Tenn. Never heard any Wharfs.
    There's a custom shop in Birmingham (somewhere kinda south I think...) that had a nice setup using Maggies in one room and Energys in another. Those Mags were being pushed by Aragons. Simply astounding and I had to run before my hand touched my checkbook......
    ------------------
    "I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethru gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades forever and forever...."

3. YANG

YANG Second Unit

WHARFEDALE had been in the HIFI pool for a very long time,most of their speakers are suitable for music only playback.When they enter the AV field,lots of consumers attention falls on their CENTER and SURROUND speakers.The centers and the surrounds really gives the consumers great value for every buck they spend on it,clear dialogue,detail effects,who wants to give it a miss?Further more,when the center and surrounds are sold in a package,it will not burn anybody pockets!
    Great sound,great value...these are the positive remarks on the WHARFEDALES CENTER and SURROUND speakers.But do take note that these speakers sounds great only if you use it in a small room.
    How about the fronts?As i had mentioned,WHARFEDALE speakers are mostly preferred for music playback,not very good all rounders.The only range,which was released several years back,the MODUS VIVENDI(hope that i am right on the name) is really design for HOMETHEATER use.More interesting facts is that,there are several makes from WHARFEDALE are quite hard to drive,which requires more power.
    For the best of movie presentation,add a subwoofer.

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

FWIW, the Maggie website shows the dealer "Sound Decisions" in Birmingham.
    ------------------
    "Today is a good day to die." ...Old Lodge Skins