What's new

Wharfedale - Vintage (1 Viewer)

Timothy_A.

Agent
Speaking of Wharfedales. I recently discovered a pair of Wharfedale model W60E's "Achromatic" at an estate sale that appear to be in excellent shape with the exception of an inch of dust on top. Big 3-ways that must weigh at least 30 lbs each; nice wood veneer. General design appears to be from late 60's, early 70's but could be earlier. Bought 'em for the wood cases but can't wait to hook 'em up.
Is there any way to determine the spec's on these? Do I run any risk to my receiver by connecting them without knowing much about them?
Figured if anyone would be familiar with these, someone at HTF might be. Might bring back some memories.
Any information on these appreciated. I'm interested in the history, design, specs, value, anything. Search engines have yeilded nothing about these early models of Wharfdales.
Thanks. :)

Timothy_A.

Agent
Mainly a bump but generally interested in any damage that could occur to my receiver by hooking up these old speakers about which the specs are unknown.

Thanks.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
You should be OK. If the speakers are at too low of an impedance your reciever will go into protect. Start out at low to moderate volumes and you should be ok.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread