1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

WharfeDale Speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by elMalloc, Apr 27, 2002.

1. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Reuben
    Anybody know where I can get some Wharfedale's (emerald 97s) for about $300? I think those are the 8 ohm versions, the new wharfs out are 6 ohms....

Regardless I'm still looking either for the energy take 5 (or 5.2) with sub, set for a good price or just some decent front speakers.

-ELmO

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

You'll have to keep checking on Ebay. They come up every so often...a pair of the Black Ash just sold a week ago for $230 or so + S/H of $45 I think. Ubid will likely get some more in after their stock of Pacifics runs out. Keep checking. The 6 Ohms go lower (30hz-20Khz)and Sensitivity drops 1dB to 88. They are a steal.

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I just got some on Ubid for $150 each, plus $70 shipping so $370 total but from what I hear, well worth it.

They came up on an auction that lasted only 5 hours compared to a few days like others.

I've seen them being sold at Amazon alot as well. New and Used. The used go for around $340 a pair.