What's new

Wharfedale Speakers at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Philip
Good, glad to hear that!
I remember you not being to sweet on the missing midrange when you first set up. Great that placement, did in the end, help out..:emoji_thumbsup:
Regards
Geoff

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Earth to Zaldek. . . Come in Zaldek. . . I would like to see some pro reviews in particular impedance, reminds me of another dual 8in speaker from paridigm rated at 6ohns proved out to be troublesome for many receivers..
True blue woofers. . . nice touch.
I dont know what is happening here, Warfdale has, IMO, been a conserative styled speaker that as has been mentioned gave you good sound for a decent price, I remember them being a "High End" speaker not to many years ago.

Sean L

Stunt Coordinator
I've auditioned the Wharfdale Diamond 8s locally here in the Bay Area. Nice speaker, nothing exceptional, but an *excellent* value. If you're on an EXTREMELY tight budget, this may be a great choice. However, I was much more impressed with the Wharfdale Pacific Evos and the KEF Q-Series that I also auditioned at the same time/place.
Ultimately I chose KEF, but those Pacific Evos were really nice too :emoji_thumbsup:
Sean in Nor Cal

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Cory,

A search here at HTF should bring allot of reading on many of the Wharf lines.

A direct search for (Wharfedale Diamond) **be sure and check posts NOT threads**, should bring something for you, as I mentioned on page (1), a few members here have them in their systems.

Sean just bought the Kef's, Q very nice speaks and listned to the Wharf EVO's and liked them, though they are quite a step up in both quailty and CASH from the Diamonds.

I stay in touch with Jeff of USA Wharf and Wharf is in the process of moving up, back up some might say, to the higher end speakers they where known for 10+ years ago. This is a slow process that will take the next 1 to 2 years. They have a number of higher end speaks on the design board with the EVO's being the first to be released. Many models are going to be dropped, though the Diamonds at this time are not one of them. They are moving slowly away from internet selling, till as Jeff says you will not be able to buy a Wharf speaker that carrys a warranty on line. It will be all dealer demo and selling. Many other things he could not dicuss are in the works also.

The Zaldak line (thread starter) that Monster Wire, Wharf, and BB have put together is somehing that he obviously new about but could not discuss last time I spoke with him. These are Not the new high end Jeff was speaking of.

The Diamond line are decent speaks, very good for the money that they can be had for if you look. I personaly have never heard any speaker in the Diamond line, but considering the components used and the prices some have found them for, I have no doubt one could be very happy with a full HT set of these.
I will mention it again, a quick search at Google will bring a number of reviews and some pro ones also. They have won a number of speaker awards. Dose this mean you will like them, I don't know. Read what you can find on them and if possible demo them certainly.

SHOUTING WILL GET YOU NO WHERE, some leg and typing work on your part will help get you what you want. Information on what "others" think of the speakers is all over the web.
You could try starting your own thread asking for Diamond owners to chim in with their take on the speakers, where bought, how much, are they happy, etc!

Edit:
You might PM or E-mail Mike B. on page (1), as he has a complete set of Diamonds. I am sure he would be more than willing to give you a more in depth take on his set up...

Regards
Geoff

keithVANhorn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Steinmetz
Chances are they might be "Online Only" products. I work at BB and I haven't heard about having them in the stores. But I can be wrong. Considering this is the first I've seen anything about a new speaker line. Wait and see I guess.

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
Hi I just got done reading this post here. I just wanted to let everyone know that I just order'd the Wharfedale Zaldek Series 6-1/2" 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers for my MAINS and the Wharfedale Zaldek Series 6-1/2" 3-Way Center-Channel Speaker.

I am going to be running them with my HK 125 a/v receiver.
I hope they sound great versus what I almost purchased which were the Energy XL-C100 (center channel) and the Energy XL 150 bookshelfs for my mains.
Wish me luck!! ;)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Mike

Did you purchase on line?

And are they available in store?

And what exactly is the deal with the cupon, turn it in at the store, mail in, just what and for how long?

Thanx
Geoff

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
GeoffL.
I purchased them online.
They are not avalible @ stores yet.
The deal with the rebate ($50.00 buckZ) is an legit deal that once you receive the speakers you have to send an copy of the recipt and the UPC code off the box and print out the rebate form and fill out all additional info it asks and then mail it by 2-28-03 to BestBuys address:
Best Buy Rebate #33491
PO BOX 8200
Calais, ME 04619-8336
Click this link http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...cat=15&scat=16 and then go down to the middle of the page and you will see an hyperlink in GREEN that says: Before $50.00 Mail in Rebates (and it will take you to the rebate form, then fill it out).
So if those speakers are priced at $179.99 for the pair then minus the 50 bucks .. so you really paid only $129.99 That kicks A$$! By the specs looks like there nice sounding speakers!! Well see!!
;)
Whats really cool also is if you hate'em,, just take them back to a local bestbuy for an refund! Oh did I tell you that BESTBUY is also doing FREE SHIPPING :D

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Well even if they are (well lets just say poor sounding) The worst is a trip to the local BB!
To EASY!!!
I am sure many are looking for (your take once they arrive)!
A REVIEW IS REQUESTED of course!
:emoji_thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:
And yes, the spec's do look impressive at their (apparent price point),,, and the bonas of NO shipping fee and rebate, sounds like a BB motivating factor to gets these out and about...
Good luck and hope they meet your sound requirments!
Again that Center dose look Aggresive you might say....
Tear one appart would you, lets hear about the meat inside!!! Always curious with Wharf new lines. Generaly they build excellent price to performace speakers.
Dose that mean their great, NO, BUT thats what where waiting for from you, YOUR prespective.....
Thanx
Geoff

DaveZeisler

Agent
These speakers worry me...

Granted I haven't heard them yet, but a company as reputable as Wharf in cahoots with a company renowned for selling garbage like Best Buy, plus plastering the "Wired By Monster Cable" logo all over the speakers... There's a LOT of marketing muscle behind this line. It's obvious these speakers put an emphasis on image and looks. Has anyone listened to them yet? If anything they'll boost Wharf's sales and tarnish their reputation.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Agreed,

BUT to this point no one has heard them, at least here yet, but your point is well taken it could be a bit premature.

Lets hope this is not the out come....

Because won't say much for Monster or Wharfedale who is in the process of turning their ways back to high end speaks. Why this (Zaldak) came about, makes no sence to me....

Geoff

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that these speakers look like they were designed by the bad dudes from Battlestar Gallactica? I don't care how good they sound, they're ugly.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Well, "ugly" is a matter of personal preference.

I think bringing in the Wharfedales is a move by Best Buy to get people thinking that they don't sell garbage anymore.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

Do you really consider JBL speakers "garbage"? I think they're great for the money.

I would like to see how these compare to similarly priced Klipsch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks