What's new

Wharfedale Speaker Question. (1 Viewer)

Ryan_B

Agent
Hi guys, I used to post here quite often, but due to several factors I had to give up my internet and my HT hobby.
Well, now I'm back and I'm looking at building me a decent budget system. I was looking at onecall.com today when I ran across this. Do any of you have any experience with these particular speakers? They seem like a excellent deal and are well within my price range. I would just like to know if anyone has any negative comments about these speakers and if this is really as good a deal as it seems.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
IMO the set is a pretty good deal for the price.

With that said I'll now pick it apart.
The Sapphire center has like 3.5" speakers from the dimensions which I wouldn't consider ideal.
The Diamond 7.1 surrounds are not timbre matched with the sapphires in front.
The above Wharfedale lines aren't even in production anymore.
That sub with it's 8" driver goes as low as the sp-87 tower will.
If you're willing to settle for now it's a great price but if you're willing to spend a little more to get more here is my suggestion for the best bang for your buck out there:

Diamond 8.3 fronts for $115 a piece
Diamond 8 center for $100
Diamond DFS di-pole surrounds for $80 a piece
Dayton 10" sub from Parts Express for $125

I have the Diamond setup above(with 8.1's for EX and ES decoding) and can tell you they are a bargin for the price above which I got at ayselectronics.com .
Here I am pimping Wharfedale again.....sorry everyone.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Hey just a heads up !

If you are considering Wharfedale speaker line goto www.ubid.com . I beleive Wharfedale is the owners of ubid.com I"ve seen plenty of Wharfedale speaker auctions.

Good Luck
Ed

sheldon M.

Stunt Coordinator
I have a very similar Wharfedale 8.3 system in my bedroom to what Chad describes and it sounds like it should've have cost a couple of grand. The Diamond 8's are an incredible value. They are simply the best value in budget speakers out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks