What's new

Wharfedale Pacific 40's- Any opinions?? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Paul,
Want to say thanks for the info on the mags. You have mail coming....
Brian, Good to hear that you got out and did some listening. Im with you on the Monitors, I find them (my term is) Bitey)... And im with Paul on the RF's you either like or dislike. Most like and im one of them though I prefer the midrange sound of the Emeralds to the RF-3.
======>>>
Still don't know if you running a sub at this time? Did I miss your answer on that...
======>>>
If so the 95-MKIIs are no slouch. They just don't have the extension that the newest 97's have. They also gain a 1-db in sensitivity and are 8-ohm. Their deminsions are exactly the same except for slightly less than 2 inches shorter. Paul will straighten me out if im off on something hear. And that could be a possibility. :)
Not trying to sell on something here, but might be worth some consideration if your running a sub.
Amazon had them on sale, (not sure if it's still going) PRICE DROP and free shipping.
But the boat, mmm, seasonal, audio yearly. Tough choice. Don't settle for less than what you really want (speaker wise) as you will regreat it, I have done it many times with many things.
Good luck in your quest
Geoff

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I bet he's getting a new Bass boat...lucky dog.

Geoff nailed it. Don't cross any of them of your list. They are all capable of surprising the hell out you. And keep checking on the Amazon site for resellers. Their prices are far closer to your budget...and they have the oak.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Im sooooo lucky, my brother already has a bass boat..... Boy im so glad too!!!
I could never afford both hobbies.
He's a lucky dog, the brother that is, even on the lake!
Yup, I hate him...:)
On a side note, he's looking for a cheap used DD DTS processor in (SILVER) for his multi Vintage Amped system..????? He try to keep and eye out at Audiogon and E-bay and a few other places but hasn't to this point found something quite CHEAP enough. You gota know him, the American $1.00 is worth at least $10.00+ in his eyes. A very good thing when you can find it. I just don't have his paitents. Took 4 months but he just got his big Polk Center on the super cheap and killer Rotel tuner to replace an allready super sweet Sansui. :emoji_thumbsup:
Sorry bro, :b and don't PUNISH me this spring, I still wanna Bass fish.....
Geoff

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Yes it's a bass boat :emoji_thumbsup:
Yes I do have the infamous "Sony" sub. And the pioneers are CS-K535's they have (i think, without going & looking) 10,5,2 inch drivers. They sound "alright" to me,seem to be lacking midrange, but after hearing the klipsch its hard to go back. I also had a pair of the RP-3 they sell on UBID, but too many defects right from the box.(too many to list here :frowning:) So UBID got them back & I was fully refunded (even shipping) I will keep my eye out for the wharfedales. As a matter of fact, im about to go browse a few places now.......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks