wharfedale or swan divas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelDW, Mar 12, 2002.

1. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

I was looking at bookshelf speakers, still trying to make up my mind the swans and wharfedale look the same, both with good reviews exept the wharfedale have a pivoting tweeeter I was just wondering if a tweeter that moves is any better for you if you are limited on speaker placement.I still debateing on def techs also.

2. Thomas F

Thomas F Stunt Coordinator

I've never heard of a pivoting tweeter (other than B***), but it sounds like a gimmick to me. I can't think of any situation where a pivoting tweeter would be advantagous, except possibly in a bookshelf where you can't face the speaker toward the sweet spot. Most bookshelves will sound their best when they are placed on stands. That way you could experiment with toe-in, thus negating the need for a pivoting tweeter.

3. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Michael,

But a lot of bookshelf speakers don't get placed on stands. It is precisely because of this that a pivoting exposed tweeter is useful. If your placement logistics are fine, then the tweeter doesn't need to be pivoted and you can work to achieve proper imaging and soundstage in the usual way. Otherwise it is a useful thing to have.

Are you looking at the Pacific 10's or the Modus Music's?

4. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

I was looking at the pacific 10.

5. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor