What's new

Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 v. Athena AS-B1 v. Polk Rti4 - any opinions? (1 Viewer)

Eddie Khanbeigi

Auditioning
It has come down to those three speaker manufacturers for my HT setup.

I will be using 2 pair of either the Wharfedale 8.1, Athena AS-B1 or Polk RTi4's for front LR and rear LR, plus the corresponding Centers... I have a decent sub, the Atlantic Tech 172PBM that I will retain.

I've read separate reviews of all three speakers (both on this board and otherwise) and all three seem to have
praise for both music and HT applications.

They are all within my budget, and I'd love to hear some opinions comparing the three (or even two) against one another.

Thanks in advance (again)!

MikeGee

Second Unit
I have the Athena B2's tho they are a bit bigger than the B1's the b1's still sound amazing. I almost bought the b1's but i got the B2's for less than B1's on boxing day. My choice would be Athena, I am a sucker for Athena however.

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator

Futureshop boxing day sale, $149 for the AS-B2's? :emoji_thumbsup:

I got the B2's myself on boxing day, I have to say they are very impressive for the $$$$.

Eddie Khanbeigi

Auditioning
After all that, I ended up with the Velodyne Deco system...my Dad has had this system for about a year now and it's awesome.... $499 at Onecall.com (through tonight) can't be beat, even if I upgrade later that sub ROCKS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks