What's new

Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 Anniversary Edition for $99.99/pair (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I just purchased a pair of NHT SB2 for $300.00 from J&R, thinking this has got to be a great deal. Just received them on Tuesday, and man oh man, gorgeous looking speakers. Haven't hook them up yet.

Then today, I see that ecost.com is selling the Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 Anniversary Edition for $99.99/pair with no shipping.

Damn! Damn!

But most likely the NHT will be the better sounding speaker. Still, an insane price!!

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
They also have the Wharfedale Crystal 10's that list for $160 a pair at 70% off........$50 for a 5.25" poly woofer and 1" tweeter.
This is the best bargain I've seen since my interest into HT and they have free shipping on top of these insane prices.
My brother will be picking up a set of 10's for his future addition of a sixth and seventh channel.
He already has Crystal 40s and the center which, for the money he paid were a bargain.

Price went up to $129.00 and they are currently out of stock. Still an unbelievable deal. Also, it seems as though these are the diamond anniversary 8.2's. Not the 8.1's. The specs are identical to the 8.2's and don't match the 8.1's. Even more convincing is that fact that wharfedale did'nt make a 8.1 anniversary edition. If this is indeed the case than this has got to be the most unbelievable speaker deal out there right now. I have a pair of 8.1's and they are incredible.

8.2 anniversary usually retail for $399.00. What a deal.

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Are these 8.1 good enough to compete with systems I mentioned in my new post?

QUOTE "I cant figure out if I should get 4 x HTD Level III plus the Center at $590+shipping, 4 x Axiom 3Mti plus Center at $900 (delivered but will take me a lot longer to get the money for them) OR the Acoustic Research HC6 ($385 delivered)."

I ask cause at that price I will be saving a lot compared to the HDT and Axiom.

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Diamond 8.2s and I think they sound great. Very smooth with good soundstage and imaging. Just remember that they're a warm speaker with roll off of the higher frequency. So if bright is your cup of tea, these aren't it. I haven't listen to the other speakers you have mentioned so I can't do a comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks