Wharfdale Speakers. does anyone have them, or know anything about them?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Rosen, May 13, 2002.

1. Michael Rosen

Michael Rosen Auditioning

Hello, as i previously mentioned i am looking for a pair of decent main speakers, tower type. i was curious on the brand Wharfdale. specifically the diamond 8.4. with the 2 mid's and tweeter. if anyone knows anything about these speakers, or anything else in the 600$ price range please let me know. thank you. ill be running them through a yamaha rxv 530. im hoping for my system to eventually become home theater.

thank you

mike

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Michael,

Wharfedale is a well-known British brand popular around the world. The company brought many innovations to loudspeakers and after going through a rocky patch has come roaring back to life. Now is the time to take advantage of the ridiculously low prices on these speaks.

Go for the Pacific 30's or 40's. You can source these retail or much lower on Ubid. Or, if you can find them (there are some on ebay right now) and want to save even more $, the Emerald 97's. You will be hard pressed to ever find a wiser value or greater return for your dollar.

Just my opinion...but I MEAN IT.