What's new

WGA set to strike - TV Season could be truncated/delayed (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
SAG supported the WGA during this strike, so the reverse is expected, as long as the SAG demands are reasonable. No one will "like it". The studios can do their part and negotiate in good faith.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Unfortunately, the writers won't really be affected by a SAG strike as they can easily keep working on scripts (and being paid) while SAG is out. They would actually be the only group that could keep working with a SAG strike as their job does not depend on anyone or anything except their own pens/paper/computers (assuming studios are still buying scripts during the SAG action).

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'm hardly an industry insider, but I don't think what you said is completely true. Certainly writers can write ahead of actors acting, but they do need orders for their work to get paid. How many episodes ahead would be ordered if there were no actors to act? I'd say there is some insulation, but it isn't total. Hopefully all this is much ado about nothing and the SAG won't have to go through a strike.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I notice that he neglects to mention that he'd be doing as much guild writing on the picket lines as he would off. Of course all of the older writers who live off residuals now want the guild to hold out for the best possible deal. They don't have anything to lose from the strike.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hence why I ended with:

...(assuming studios are still buying scripts during the SAG action).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Most Guild writers I've been reading seem OK (if not jumping for joy) about the deal.

Fun post though, Mr. Ellison! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks