What's new

We've Got AbFab & Fawlty Towers - Now Where Is The Royle Family?? (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
quote: Re Brass Eye - a brilliant and biting satire on the media - we can only hope that C4 have the guts to commission one about the "war on terrorism".[/quote]
Well, if it's Chris Morris on the recent terrorist attacks you're after, I can only oblige:
Link Removed
Some forum members may find the mp3 contained in the above link offensive - this tape has been re-edited, and is not an impersonator
[Edited last by Jon Robertson on November 16, 2001 at 03:36 AM]

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah.... some MAY find that offensive... eh...I found it hilarious though. :)
British comedy is the best in the world.
/Mike

Rudy

Auditioning
quote: Is "Bottom" out on DVD in the UK?.[/quote]
There are 3 Bottom Live DVDs already released with "Bottom Live 2001" coming on November 19th.
If you're serious about British Comedy - don't put your trust into BBC America - get a PAL-NTSC capable player NOW!
Best investment in HT I've ever made: Roy Chubby Brown, Jethro, Billy Connolly, Jim Davidson, Ken Dodd, Lee Evans, Steve Coogan, Harry Enfield, Graham Norton, Ali G, "Men Behaving Badly", "Only Fools and Horses", "Gimme Gimme Gimme", "Stella Street", "Spaced", "George And Mildred", "Never The Twain", "Drop The Dead Donkey", "Trigger Happy TV", "Fast Show", "Game On", "Thin Blue Line", "Vicar of Dibley", "The Two Ronnies", "Tony Hancock" all on DVD, all R2, all on my shelves or on order - thank you Apex, thank you Malata.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Gimme Gimme Gimme
Another fabulous show. How many series of this were there? On my last visit to the UK I caught this one and thought it was hysterical. I love the woman in it - though for the life of me I can't think of her name now!
Vicar of Dibley is also a cute show. I like almost anything written by Richard Curtis.
Good to hear the news of the other thread, with Are Your Being Served? coming to DVD. No news of the Royle Family though.
frown.gif

----
Jeff
------------------
"They're coming to get you Barbara..."

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see "Men Behaving Badly" and especially "The Young Ones"........also hopefully they will bring out the new seasons of AbFab after they are done.

Rudy

Auditioning
quote: Gimme Gimme Gimme
I love the woman in it - though for the life of me I can't think of her name now![/quote]
That's the wonderful Kathy Burke, Harry Enfield's companion for the "Wayne & Waynetta" and the "Kevin & Perry" skits, Queen Mary in "Elizabeth" and of course Patsy's foulmouthed boss in "AbFab"
One more thing for "Bottom" fans:
Also on R2 DVD:"Guest House Paradiso" Rik and Ade's cinematic effort with only slight variations of their "Bottom" characters.
[Edited last by Rudy on November 14, 2001 at 05:43 PM]

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Yes! Kathy Burke! That's the one. :)
I knew her from AbFab, of course. Speaking of which, I wonder if the new series will be found on DVD soon. We are still seeing the new eps here in Canada. The first two were good, though I don't find them quite as good as the first three series.
----
Jeff
------------------

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Yay! Got a quick OFFICIAL answer to my question. From DVDFile....
More humor from the other side of the Atlantic is making its way to these shores on 2/5, courtesy of Warner Home Video and the BBC. Ab Fab: The Complete Series 4 features 6 full episodes and audio commentary with creator Jennifer Saunders and producer Jon Plowman, outtakes, "Who's Who?" guide, and a "Mirror Ball" featurette. Retail is $34.95 for this two-disc set.
Sounds cool. :)
----
Jeff
------------------

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
One thing to note: the OAR of AbFab season 4 is 16:9, but seeing as The League of Gentleman was presented as such, I think there's no question it'll be anamorphic.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of Kathy Burke, I hope the "French & Saunders at the Movies" compilation includes the "Aliens" parody.
Jennifer Saunders as Ripley: "If I'm going back... I want Kathy Burke with an unfeasibly large gun".
I can never watch Sigourney Weaver's original scene without thinking of this line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks