What's new

Wet Bar Plans (1 Viewer)

Sean B:)

Auditioning
Hi all. I'm new to the board but have been lurking for sometime. I'm not sure about all of you but I'm pretty positive that a few of you have bars in or next to your home theater. I was hoping to find plans on building one. I have found a few web sites where you can buy the plans, but I was kind-of hoping to hear from someone that would be willing to share their design and plans. I don't want anything too fancy, just an 'L' shaped bar to house my mini fridge, and friends to sit at. Thanks for all your help.:)

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome... I think an immediately accessible wet bar is a must for any HT.. My room is 16x21 and we have a wet bar nook in the rear. You may be looking more for a stand behind bar counter as opposed to a cabinet style bar. The bar itself is behind the rear wall. I do think you should look at the sink and plumbing fixtures we installed as they get the most compliments... Overall we were going for the red, yellow and white popcorn look.. click on my link below to see some pictures... if you like the sink we had it specially painted for the popcorn theme by Marzi Sinks in California... you can find them on the web...

Scooter

Auditioning
Scooter, Very Cool!!

My HT and bar area is sort of an 'L' shape. The theater is 11'x20' and the bar 'poker room' is 13'x12'. I have cheezy flea market freestanding dry bar sitting there now. I was hoping to build my own wet bar, but am having trouble find plans for free on building one. If anyone is willing to share with me the plans to build a bar, that would be great.

Tom Jr

Grip
I was able to find a bunch by entering 'bar plans' into google. I can't post a URL here, because the forum says I can't until I post 15 times. I'm new :D . Anyway, try some simple web searches. Let us know what you find.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Sean, I had the same problem as you when I was planning my rec-room. I don't know why free plans are so hard to find on the 'net. I mean, I'm sure I could find plans for a nuclear weapon within minutes... but not a wetbar.

Of course, building a bar is pretty straightforward, I should think. You just have to get a comfortable height. You might want to start with deciding on what stools you'd be using and get a feel for the correct height from there. Also make sure to take into consideration the size of bottles and barware.

Auditioning
Well, after much searching and no one to offer plans, I've decided to design and build my own bar. I'll be drawing plans and then modifying as I go. I did see some ready made freestanding bars at a local furniture store and I will be refering to them for ideas. Thanks to everyone who posted to this thread. When I get finished I'm going to create a place for people to get free plans and pictures of how to build a bar.

RonnieT

Stunt Coordinator
I have a link to a site that has bar plans but I don't know if they offer any free ones or not. I do know that they have a bunch of pictures so it may give you some good ideas. I don't have the link now since I'm at work but I'll post it later on tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks