1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Western Watch: Westerns on or coming to Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Reggie W, Jun 29, 2019.

1. bujaki

bujaki Producer

Jose Ortiz-Marrero
    Agree with you on all points. The film is beautiful to look at; however, the singers are awful. Wish it had been The Ballad of Cat Ballou instead of The Ballad of Keoma. At least Ballou had better singers.

Reggie W likes this.
  2. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    It is visually up there with Leone's work and I don't think people would have been lost without all that caterwauling narration. I think it's more confusing that it is there because you sit there wondering "Why the hell did they do that?"

I remember when I first saw the film I just thought the music with the singing was meant to be just a theme song...then I realized they were singing narration for each section of the story!

It did make me think I wanted to hire these two singers to follow someone around for the day singing what they are doing...

I guess best if I did that to someone I did not like.

3. Message #43 of 44 Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    John Hermes

John Hermes Screenwriter

John Hermes
    Columbia's Count Three And Pray (1955) will be released on Blu-ray by Sony on September 24.
    CinemaScope 2.55 film.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

bujaki and Robin9 like this.
  4. Robin9

Robin9 Producer

Robin
    Many thanks indeed for this bit of very good news. I've been thinking of adding this film in some form or other to my collection for a long time. I must admit I'm surprised it's coming out on Blu-ray disc. Early Joanne Woodward and Allison Hayes too!