Western Digital 250GB HD + $25GC -$85 after $140MIR

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Jerry Klawiter, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

CC has the Western Digital Special Edition Internal EIDE 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drive for $250 $70 rebate plus a second- $70 rebate = $110 w/ free shipping. Only one need the original UPC while the other can be a photocopy. You also receive a 10% back ($25) in the form of a gift card via rebate.
    Not bad for $85. after the $25 giftcard, prior to tax [​IMG]
    If the link fails, search for Brand/Model: WDC WD2500JBRTL

Looks like as people wake up this morning the on-line for shipment stock is gone. If you want one, place a on-line order for store pick up near you and get it fast before someone else cleans out the inventory.
    This way you should have it reserved, even if it's just for time to get off the fence. you can always cancel the order & get a credit refund.
    Just like the Maxtor 160GR drive this weeks from OD at $30, they will sell out fast. But those coupons should not have been stackable, yet those that jumped and went for local store pick-up scored!

I just picked up my drive from the store.
    The one I was given is of older inventory 10 May 2003,
    it is the correct drive for the rebates as a special edition with the correct UPC & model numbers.
    My drive also include the Free ATA controller card.
    Amyone know if the card is ATA 133 or just ATA 100?

-Jerry

2. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    Nice deal. Too bad there isn't a Cicuit City within 700 miles of here.

3. Jerry Klawiter

The deal has now changed. There's no way to order online even for local pick up. There is no option for adding to cart, only says check your local store for price, where it usually would say 'add item to cart'.
    The 10% $25 gift card was for online purchases only.
    So now the final price stands at $110.
    The CC online link does not even show the sale price of $249 any longer.
    My local store had these on the shelf on sale at $249.

4. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

5. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

This deal is most definitely still alive in a big way. I just ordered it through Amazon (Circuit City affiliate), even though the Circuit City web site wouldn't let me schedule pickup at my local store, and received a confirmation e-mail from CircuitCity.com (after 2 order confirmation e-mails from Amazon) that identified my item as ready for immediate pickup at the same store!!! In addition, the confirmation e-mail specifically identified both of the $70 rebates AND the 10% gift card rebate as applying to my order. Get over to Amazon and try again!

Link: WD 250GB HD from Circuit City through Amazon

Thanks to mkr at FW for the info.

Edit: Please note that some people placing orders through Amazon *have* received cancellation e-mails from CircuitCity.com instead of confirmation e-mails, so you may not get one, but that does make me feel better about the possibility that my confirmation e-mail was not a mistake. Good luck to all.

6. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

Just picked up my hard drive, no problems. Nice deal.

7. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

Okay, the online components of this deal are now dead dead (for now). Can't order it for delivery or store pickup through either the Circuit City or Amazon web sites. People are still finding this hard drive at retail stores, however, even where it had shown as not available at the involved stores online. May be worth checking your local store if you need a drive; some are also reporting retail stores giving them 10% to match the online-only gift card deal. YMMV!

Edit: In addition, some people have also reported being told that Circuit City stores will be receiving additional shipments of this hard drive this week, within the rebate(s) period. So the deal may be resurrected at any minute! Definitely worth checking on, online and in-store.

8. Jerry Klawiter

I see CC changed the terms now on one rebate.
    The $70 rebate to be mailed to YOUNG AMERICA MN is now been changed to Qualifying items must have been purchased between 11/16/03 and 11/17/03

It was Qualifying items must have been purchased between 11/16/03 and 11/22/03
    Rebate offers for online purchases end at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the date of expiration.

CC is looking to cut the losses on this one.
    I'm not sure if they will get away with this one, it won't be long before someone posts the original terms rebate on the net.
    I can see it now, I printed the form Sunday or Monday knowing I was going to purchase the drive later in the week. They are using the same PROGRAM # Y9976 code as the original.
    Again this is the CC rebate not the WD.
    I think they will pay even if purchased after the new date with the old form.
    Unless some new terms are put to your attention when you purchase the drive after the date, like right on the sales slip.

9. eric c j

eric c j Agent

I did print the rebates stating you had to purchase during this week, so CC must honor that correct?

10. Shawn Sefranek

Shawn Sefranek Second Unit

I took advantage of this deal yesterday at my local Circuit City, but it took a little bit of work.

I printed out the screenshots of the gift card offer and the (2) 70-dollar rebates from the website before I left work.
    Once I got there I was lucky to find the LAST 250 GIG drive on the shelf.
    I took it to the counter and explained what I wanted to do.
    The guy said to get the 25-dollar gift card I would have to “order” it online and then pick it up at the store.
    I explained that the website wasn’t letting me do this so he fired it up to see.
    Since he too was unable to “pre-order” the drive online he agreed to “price match” the drive an additional 25-dollars and then have me purchase the 25-dollar card there.
    I agreed and he began to ring it up.
    The purchase went through, but only the ONE 70-dollar rebate form printed.
    The price tag on the shelf clearly said “140 dollar rebate”.
    After some head scratching and consulting with the manager they decided to price-match the drive an additional 70-dollars.

So the net result is I paid 180 dollars yesterday but I got the 25-dollar gift card and the one 70-dollar rebate right away without having to wait 8-weeks for the mail.
    And I still have the other 70-dollar rebate that I just dropped in the mail today.

NICE DEAL !!!!

Shawn S