What's new

West Wing? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Use the search function to find old posts on this, but I believe that anytime this question was asked before the answer was "not in R1 due to syndication rights issues".

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
You're familiar with a "Big Mac Attack".....
I'm now having a full-fledged West Wing Attack!
I'm feeling the need for a WW DVD fix ..... in the form of Season 1, Season 2, as well as Season 3 boxed sets. (Probably shooting a little bit too high here, huh? I'm also putting in an order for Mary-Louise Parker, so she can act as my official "DVD Disc Changer & Getter Of Cool Beverages" while I'm planted in front of the boob-tube. Can she be had fairly reasonably do you suppose? :))
Where's Region 1 West Wing Season 1??? :frowning::frowning:
This renewed thirst for this great NBC-TV series hit me upon watching the November 13th episode. While not quite as good as the previous two entries (IMO), it still satisfies the WW fix.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
hence, bite the bullet and buy R2. and if you don't already have one, a multi-region player on which to play those lovely discs, and PAL-NTSC converter if necessary.
one benefit to living in a region whose discs are generally inferior (in my case, R3) -- my Pioneer player was multi-region straight out of the box, my TV is multi-system. no problems at all :D
now I'm just itching to get my hands on season 2 part 1 -- release date 7 April...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
"not in R1 due to syndication rights issues".
This is exactly what I was thinking, Dave. I believe Bravo will be showing this next season. This is the only show I am interested in taping. I have to see every episode.

To change the subject a bit, will anyone really miss Rob Lowe? They made a great choice to replace him.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
That's incredibly weak. Surely even RIAA influenced executives with their heads in the sand can calculate profits on disc sales? There's no way they can make more off the Synd deals than they could selling season sets?

R2, here I come.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
There's always a window with these syndication deals. It will be a few years though. The thing is, they can have DVDs and syndication. They would probably have to cut the syndication price a bit, but the DVDs should net more than enough to make up for it.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
..or as it is known by the politically awake...
The Left Wing :D
Well gee, a show about the presidency has to have some political slant, or it would be even more of a fantasy than it is now. Heck, if someone wants to put together an entertaining show about a conservative administration, I might watch it. You just need some writers that are good with fiction. Maybe Ann Coulter? :D
//Ken

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
To change the subject a bit, will anyone really miss Rob Lowe? They made a great choice to replace him.
Well, I will, since I thought he was excellent. It is my understanding that they didn't want to replace him, but he was demanding to be paid the same as Martin Sheen.

The producers wouldn't meet his demand so he's gone. I have never figured out why they got rid of the President's original secretary, Mrs. Lanningham (I think). I thought the actress might have died, but I've seen her since, so I know that's not true.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
There's no way they can make more off the Synd deals than they could selling season sets?
I'd have to heartily concur.
Although none of us knows the $$ changing hands in the Bravo deal, it seems like there would be just as much, if not more, to be gained financially by releasing this immensely-popular series on R.1 DVD!

And you know dang well that it'll sell like mad! (With a ton of fans wanting it.) So they'll be able to continue to press the subsequent seasons as well, with a good assurance of them selling.

Anyway, how many people even GET "Bravo"? Is this channel a popular one? Popular enough to be featured by most cable/satellite providers?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I thought the actress [who played Mrs. Landingham] might have died, but I've seen her since, so I know that's not true.
She's even done a few West Wings since "passing away" (in flashbacks), including one this season. I liked her too. But, IMO, Lily Tomlin is an excellent replacement (if they'd ever use her in the show. Her on-camera time has been pitifully microscopic).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks