What's new

West Wing Summer Reruns? (1 Viewer)

Samuel_M

Agent
Hi:

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether NBC was planning on airing reruns of the West Wing sometime this summer (2002-2003 Season)?

There were a few episodes that I missed so I'd be really interested to know if I'll have a chance to catch them at a later date. Thanks! :)

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think NBC is going to rerun it during the summer, but Bravo is going to start airing the show from the beginning in early August (so you might catch them eventually there).

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Peter,

I was going to ask when the show would start in syndication. Do you know if they're starting from the first episode? I think I started watching during the second season.

Samuel_M

Agent
Hello:

Thanks Peter...I figured that if they were gonna show them, they would have put them on the air by now.

It'll be interesting to see the direction the show takes with the departure of Sorkin at the helm. But on a side note, at least it'll be shown in HD (about time!). :D

JohnAP

Second Unit
I know dramas, especially more serialized ones, aren't supposed to rerun well in terms of ratings, but there's a few shows that I didn't see much of during the seeing due to scheduling that I'd like to be able to catch up on. Unfortunately, fist-run reality filler and sitcoms that weren't good enough for the regular season seem to be what networks run during the summer in place of reruns of their dramas. I think in the long run, this practice hurts the networks schedule though.

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like they're doing a marathon of the first few eps on the 10th and then moving to the regular schedule on the 11th. Great news since I didn't start watching until halfway through the 2nd season.

Rob T

Screenwriter
It started airing again on NBC tonight.
I think AICN reported that the next season will start on Sept. 24th.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
There is, however, big conflict on the new season.. according to the press wires, several actors (Janney, others) are asking that their salary be doubled again or they will threaten a sick-out.

The story was in one of those email "hollywood buzz" blast things I get.. anyway, I'll look it up. For West Wing fans, that's a concern because it means the new season may either be delayed or have a big gap in it or actor changes.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...en_tv_eo/12224

Don Black

Screenwriter
They did the same thing last year and I think Sorkin caved a bit. But with the depressed ratings, I'm not sure if NBC is going to budge this time. Especially with Sorking gone... Still, it seems a bit unfair that Martin Sheen makes something like 8x what they do.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
It started today, 8/10 at 11:00 AM EST. They're showing 6 episodes back-to-back starting with the Pilot, and then the "Special" episode, which I assume is the 9/11 episode.

Edit: The special is actually a documentary, with interviews with real West Wing employees.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks