West Wing Season 6

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Yee-Ming, May 22, 2006.

1. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Apr 4, 2002
    Yee Ming Lim
    I just received mine. Ugh. I hate those "double disc" trays where they overlap, i.e. if you want the lower one, you have to remove the upper one first. What was wrong with the booklet-style 6 single-tray configuration they used in the previous seasons?

The booklet also seemed oddly underwhelming. Worse, for a show about The West Wing, they go and put a picture of the dome of the Capitol (i.e. Congress) on the cover -- OK, it's all about government, but that's the wrong branch!

And just one featurette. Even more underwhelming. And nothing about the sad passing of John Spencer? (Although I recognise they might be saving that for S7.)

Sigh. Oh well, at least we've got the DVDs now. And S7 will be along some time in the near future.
  2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Jul 4, 2000
    The overlapping cases aren't that bad-the booklet style ones seem to come untaped though (on the tape "hinge"), so I can see why they might have moved to these ones. Plus, less shelf space is a good thing.

All of the episodes anamorphic though is good enough for me. Didn't watch these ones when they aired, so I'm really enjoying the season so far. It's certainly turning into a different show than it used to be, but it's still good.