What's new

west wing S6: no english subs? (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
this question is for the Canadian release... the packaging says subtitles in english, french, and spanish. but on the actual DVDs the english subs are missing - even in the menu. anybody get Canadian versions ~with~ subs? do the US versions have them?

it wouldn't be as annoying if they'd been ebedded with CC but that's not there either.

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
The U.S. version only has French and Spanish subs. The American version also shows English subs on the packaging.

Also, anyone else disappointed that they changed the packaging again? I liked how the previous 2 seasons were packaged.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I noticed this too about the english subs.

And yes I hate that packaging. I prefer the Season 5 method. I think it prevents scratching and damage

Warner has done that with other sets like Dukes of Hazzard and Dallas as well

Opi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felix Wieme
Closed Captioning is present I presume ?

EricW

Senior HTF Member

my original post - CC is not there. kinda bites considering the nature of this show. there's a few times i wish i could catch what they're saying or spot the references.

on the other hand, this is one series i choose not to watch on tv and wait for the DVD releases, and i must say S6 is pretty good - this whole series has been pretty good to date, even with Sorkin gone. maybe there was a minor dip in the 4th and 5th seasons, but the drop is nowhere near how far ER went down (though ER's been on alot longer - unfortunately)

i look forward to the last season on DVD, hopefully it'll be out sooner since the series is over.

Opi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felix Wieme
@EricW
Thanks, sorry i misread your first posting.
May I additionally ask if this problem doesn't occur on the US DVDs ?
The thread title implies that this faus pas is a canadian only problem.

Sorry if that annoys you, but as a German I rely heavily on subtitles or CCs.
I won't buy this season without additional subtitles because the talking speed for non native speakers like me is far too fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks