West Wing foreshadowing

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Ken Chan, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I was flipping by and caught a bit of an episode on Bravo this past weekend. In one of the first season episodes, they basically lay out the fourth season cliffhanger. Just in case someone is just now catching the show on DVD in "Mr. Willis of Ohio", Zoey goes to a bar with the gang, and gets in a situation. When she gets back, Bartlett wants to increase her protection. She protests, so he suggests a scenario that is practically identical to what actually happens to her.
    So Sorkin may have had the whole thing planned way back then.

//Ken

2. Eric R C

Eric R C Agent

Ken I completely agree with you. I was watching this too last week and immediately called my girlfriend, who BTW thought I was nuts. Its amazing that they set up a story arc in the 1st set of episodes to live out 3 seasons later.

3. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Or desperate for a cliffhanger, Sorkin looked back at this episode and thought it be nice to bring this back up. As a writer, far too much credit is bestowed upon us for flying by the seat of our pants, which is what we often do.

4. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

Also in this season, Jed states that part of the reason why he is so shook up about her kidnapping is that he had laid out this scenario in the past just to scare her...

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer