What's new

West Wing -- 11/06/02 (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Another fine episode (IMO)!
Similar opening sequence as the previous (really good!) program....with Josh being duped this time. Excellent!
Anybody take note of the great Charlie/Martin Sheen commercial at the first break? Funny ad. :)
I hope Lily Tomlin gets more screen time in upcoming episodes. I think she's very good here.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
My fiance loved that comercial. "I looked like that when I came in here..."

What a shame that Lowe is leaving the show.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Anybody take note of the great Charlie/Martin Sheen commercial at the first break? Funny ad.
YES! That was great!

I can't stand Lily Tomlin...I hope she just becomes normal. All the rule setting and mixing up the flow of the office is bs. Not letting Josh into the meeting was bs as well...there is no way ANY secretary in ANY company is not going to let a senior staff into a meeting they are supposed to be in just because he's late.

Other than that I thought it was a great episode.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I believe that was Officer Krupke (from West Side Story)

And she's not just a secretary; she's the gatekeeper for the Oval Office. I would say Josh might have been deferring to her in this case, instead of pushing the issue. It was funny when he ran into the football guy. Seems like he does most of the pratfalls on the show, like the time he fell back in his chair.

//Ken

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Looks like "Jack Reese" (Cristian Slater) is being set up as a love interest for Donna. Don't know how that could go on for very long, Slater's pretty well booked up.

Charlie: "You guys are gonna see a musical."

Gee, Officer Krupke, we're very upset;
We never had the love that ev'ry child oughta get.
We ain't no delinquents,
We're misunderstood.
Deep down inside us there is good!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Not sure about Donna and Christian Slater's character. I think he might be being set up as the replacement for Anna Deavere Smith, who played the NSA director Nancy McNally. She left the show early this year because she got a new gig on CBS.

Looks like Rob Lowe's departure may be imminent. Though I'm probably in the minority, I'll be disappointed to see him moving on. Hopefully he's being replaced by Josh Malina, because I found Danica McKellar to be very grating in the small amount of screen time she had in the last two epsiodes.

Looks like Bartlett's health will continue to be an integral part of the storyline in future episodes.

Denward

Supporting Actor

Lily Tomlin is setting tighter rules to give Bartlett more time to rest since his MS seems to be worsening.

Segue into 11/13 episode:
Looks like Lowe's going to be a congressman in California.

I thought the scenes with Bartlett and wife were hilarious.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Toby to Bartlett: "Andy is pregnant with twins and I of course, am the father"
A horny Bartlett to Toby: "Well done, see you tomorrow."
:laugh:
Enjoyed seeing Bruno trying to get lucky, only to be constantly interrupted by C.J.
I also liked when Lt. Cdr. Reese was asked how long it would take to put a report together on the developing situation in Venezuela and he replied "About three hours" causing everyone else in the room to dissolve into laughter.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully he's being replaced by Josh Malina
I second that. I think he would be a great addition to the cast. Don't forget the staff people were wondering who had written the speach for the Governor of California and it turned out to be him. Someone even mentioned that the speach sounded like it had been written by Toby or Sam. So this could possibly be the groundwork for introducting him to West Wing.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
the reason she is setting more rules is so there is a record of everything bartlett does as president. any outgoing calls have to be placed through her, and there will be a record of them, so if bartlett, because of his condition, doesn't remember making them, or what they were about, and who to, it's there on paper. it's just protection for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks