West Wing - 10/30/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josh Dial, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial
    Wow, this was easily one of the best WW episodes I have seen. Once again showing the writing staff's finese with words and the verisimilitude of the actors. Again, damn fine episode.

cheers!

Josh

2. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I thought this episode was terrific, though I wish we could have seen more of the debate. Of course, we've suspected it for several weeks, but now it's certain that Rob Lowe will probably be running for the dead guy's congressional seat. And I think we may have been introduced to Sam's replacement? I got the feeling that Winnie Cooper might be a more permanent fixture on the show... at least, I hope she is [​IMG]
    The preview for next weeks show sure makes it look like the election is a lot closer than anyone was expecting. But where would the drama be without something unexpected happening eh?
    Brian

3. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

Excellent episode, the WW writers were at the top of their game for this one. I would liked to have seen more of Da Prez kicking Gov. DimWit's butt in the debate too! [​IMG]

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I get horrible reception on my local NBC station. Could someone confirm a line of dialog for me? After the debate, when Bartlet & Ritchie shook hands, was the line Ritchie spoke to Bartlet?
    You killed me.
    If not, what was it?
    Oh yeah, [​IMG] on the ep as well. Brian, I have read elsewhere that Danica McKellar (our beloved Winnie Cooper) is joining the cast in a recurring role. They sure saddled her character with an awful name, though. Elsie Snuffens?? Ugh! [​IMG]

5. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    The opening was a great character moment, something that people have been complaining has taken a back seat lately. I also loved Mrs. Batlett clipping his tie. It really was a great episode.

6. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

You know, that's what I thought he said too, but I checked the Closed Caption and it said, "It's over". Of course, sometimes they change the lines.
    I thought the first scene with Leo and the lawyer was a bit dense; you couldn't tell the players without a program. But it was redeemed by end of that bit, with how the president could win all fifty states in a landslide. I wonder which parts were written by Sorkin vs. the other guy.
    I'm guessing Sorkin did the debate, only because -- and I rarely say this -- it kicked ass! Of course, it was totally unfair to pit a guy that dim against one that sharp, but it was fun to watch [​IMG]
    It was good to see Josh Malina in another Sorkin effort. His line about Elsie being comedy writer writing material that was too smart for the show -- a reference to Sports Night? Although that show was too smart for the network. (Coming out on DVD next Tuesday, Election Day.)
    And NBC's promo department is evil, so I'd take what you saw with a grain a salt. And yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who wins.
    //Ken

7. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I think that the Governor said "You got me" or something very similar to that to which Bartlett responded, "You'll be back".

I agree, this episode was awesome. I thought it lead to Rob Lowe's leaving the show very well. Of course Danica McKellar, looking good. She's definitely not the same little girl we saw on The Wonder Years. Actually, a little off topic, but I recently saw a "where are they now" show and she got her degree in Mathematics from UCLA. Crazy huh?

8. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I'm certain that Richie said "it's over" to which Bartlett responded "you'll be back". What I wasn't sure of was whether Richie believed he'd won the debate.

Excellent episode. Haven't been this impressed by the show all season.

9. Pete M

Pete M Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] from me too on this episode.
    I don't remember for sure, but I thought he said
    "you creamed me"
    The opening gag
    involving Toby was great.

10. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Btw, was last night's the first episode to feature so much handheld camera work, or was it just the first time I took notice?

11. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial
    My close captioning on my TV had the line as "You warned me".
    Which certainly makes sense, since POTUS did warn him [​IMG]
    One other thing, anyone else find it odd that my name is Josh(ua) and my girlfriend of 6 years is named Malina [​IMG]
    I always laugh when I see our two names together.
    cheers!
    Josh

12. David Dennison

David Dennison Second Unit

I think the Governor said "it's over".

That episode was excellent. The series had a slow start this season in the first few episodes, but it is back at its peak now.

It does seem apparent now how they will get rid of Sam.

13. JohnSJ

JohnSJ Auditioning

The govener said "it's over"...I'm sure of it.

14. Micah Lloyd

Micah Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone notice Leo's slip?
    When the Ambassador mentioned Israel's involvement Leo replied saying the President's involvement. The lawyer quickly glanced at him. It wasn't elaborated on during this episode but I suspect this will be the cause of Qumar's knowledge that the U.S. was behind the disappearance.

15. Steve Felix

Steve Felix Supporting Actor

I also heard Ritchie say, "It's over." Because it's inconceivable to me that he would practically concede the election right there, I thought he meant the debate was over, while Bartlett, on his high, took it the other way.

It's confusing, and the sound mix didn't help.

I loved the tie clipping.

16. Doug Craig

Doug Craig Agent

Doug Craig
    I'm pretty sure he said "You killed me," my wife asked what he said when it happened - but I'll review the tape.

17. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I'm pretty sure I recall him saying "It's over"

But like another poster, I'm not sure if he thought he had one, or was giving the Pres kudos.

Brian

18. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Fine show, I also thought Sam was introducing his replacement to us.
    "It's over" was what I understood Ritchie to say. Interesting that so many others heard something else.

19. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott

20. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

Definitely the SportsNight guy, but possibly both. He's great at delivering the Aaron Sorkin monologues and he's got a strong connection going back beyond SportsNight (he was in both A Few Good Men & American President, which Sorkin wrote).