What's new

WEST OF MEMPHIS- bare-bones 'rental' copies being sold as having the extra features? (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I just received a Blu-ray of the great documenary WEST OF MEMPHIS that I bought from amazon.com ("sold" from an affiliate of amazon, but "fulfilled by Amazon"). I also ordered two other Blu-rays in said order, those two were specifically "sold by amazon", not "fulfilled", and all three titles arrived in one shipment in the same package...

The problem is, the Blu-ray of WEST OF MEMPHIS is a bare-bones Blu-ray with NONE of the special features that are supposed to be included. In fact, the ACTUAL BLU-RAY COVER lists the extra features (director's commentary, deleted scenesn, etc.) and NONE of these are included on the Blu-ray that's acually in the professionally-shrink wrapped, apparently brand-new package. The only "special features" on this disc are a bunch of non-related movie trailers hat have to be manually skipped through every time the disc is played before finally arriving at the main menu for the movie.

I've since learned that several other folks have bought WEST OF MEMPHIS on Blu-ray- also expecting the commerically-released Blu-ray with the special features promised on the Blu-ray sleeve- but they, too, have received bare-bones copies of the film with none of the extras.

What gives?

Vincent

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Update on this-

A friend of mine bought this from another Amazon seller (but also "fulfilled by Amazon") and same deal- Blu-ray came shrink-wrapped, seemingly brand-new and listed the special features on the back, but the disc was in fact bare-bones.

And yet another friend bought his brand-new copy at an actual Fry's location and... SAME DEAL. Bare-bones Blu-ray in the case listing all the special features.

So it seems a bunch of bare-bones, probably rental-copies were mistakenly packaged and sent to retailers, so beware when buying this.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blitzer