What's new

WEST coast viewers: Why the hell is most of my watched channels on EAST COAST TIME!! (1 Viewer)

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
Ok this sucks. i just got direct tv over the weekend and i was really impressed by it dispite the lack of some local channels. Anyways I rarely watch tv as it is. The only programs i watch is MTV's real world and Raw Is War. Well today at 9pm i turn on to TNN ONLY to find out WWF ISN'T ON!!! I then call Direct Tv and ask them what the problem is. They tell me most of the channels i have is on East Coast Time....ARE U F'KIN KIDDING ME???? I work the whole day and i would like to come home and watch my favorite shows but now i have to tape them instead!!! This sucks. Looks like I will be returning Direct TV this week and I'll be stuck with my crappy AT & T cable.
How does everyone else on the West Coast stand this??? In my opinion Direct TV is useless for everyone on the WestCoast.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, that's what VCR's are for. I've spent most of my life on the west coast, so I'm used to it, but I see your point. It does have it's ups and downs.
Up - With an east coast Showtime feed, I can see Stargate SG-1 at 7 instead of 10. I'd really like to be able to get the network east coast feeds here. (I am at home) This way I could start my 'prime time run' at 5 instead of eight, and go for another round at 8.
Down - If comments are made (like on the HTF) about a show that was on at 8 back east, I could see them before the show ever came on here. Quite bizzare.
We are getting screwed, though. Any shows asking for viewer input are over way before prime time even starts here, and pagents, speeches and the news in general are all fouled up, as are the elections.
To make things even more screwed up, most of the central time zone watches shows an hour earlier. It is from their 7 to 10, which is the same at the east coast's 8 to 11, so it's on at the same time. There is an Olympic delay coming up too. I think it is an hour and a half from Utah. Go figure!
Glenn

Eram Syed

Grip
Why dont you get dish then you can get the West coast feeds and you will get UPN as part of the locals.
Eram
------------------
Eram
---------------------
TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish 6000 + 8VSB, PVR 501, Dish 301, Receiver=Marantz SR5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks