Wes Cravens New Nightmare - One of the best DD 5.1 tracks!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joshua_Y, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Just finished watching Wes Craven's New Nightmare and I was floored by the amazing sound. It actually got to me, really kinda freaked me out. If ya havent seen the flick, give it a try, I think its the best of them all, along with the 1st and the 3rd. But that 5.1 track is just killer. Great amibience and sound effects and the music sounds spectacular. Give it a try, its only around $9.

2. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Yeah, I've always listed it as one of my favorite demo tracks. It's just awesome all around.

3. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Also, I am thinking of getting the whole boxset, but I know that I could probably buy them all seperately, I already own 1, 3, and New Nightmare, so I was wondering if the 8th disc is worth it? Ive seen all the films so many times and their actually the horror films that really got me into horror films, so I know what to expect and wouldnt mind havin 4, 5, and 6, but 2 is horrid! So is the boxset worth it?

4. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

There are two downsides to the box set:

* The deleted scenes from the first film aren't included.
    * The Dream Child is cut(albeit very slightly).

Everything else you could ever want to no about ANOES is on that 8th disc. I'd highly recommend it. You can always sell the extra copies...

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

And you can get the box pretty cheap these days. I picked up mine from Amazon.ca in October for around 50.

6. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

7. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

I think I might give the boxset a try. Thanks.

8. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

That scene near the end where the "Freddy" demon comes out of the bed... wow!

One of the few times I've actually been surprised during a Dolby Digital presentation (another being Fight Club's airplane scene).

9. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Yep, the sound on this disc is outstanding! New Line did a superb job. While ANOES 3 is my favorite, NEW NIGHTMARE is my second favorite (yep, I liked it better than the original), and I'm really pleased with their job on this disc.

The box set is more than worth getting!

10. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Anyone know where I could find the boxset rather cheap, maybe for like $60-70?

11. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

12. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Thanks a ton!

13. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    This film features one of the best Earthquake sequences i've ever heard at the beginning of the film. [​IMG]

14. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Yeah, I love how the first 15min or so just doesnt stop. From one to another, from the dream, to the earthquake, to the caller. Just great!

15. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit

Wasn't the box set discontinued about two years ago? I definately read it here on the forum, but I never gave much thought since I already own it...

--Anders

16. nicholas_g

nicholas_g Stunt Coordinator

It is one of my favourite films and I just realised that I haven't seen it in DD 5.1 since I last watched it using a DPL amp. I have had DD 5.1 for three years as well !

17. Jamie Cole

Jamie Cole Stunt Coordinator

Some of you guys might want to consider spoiler tags for folks that haven't seen the movie or don't like to read about the best stuff or surprises... just a thought.

I treasure this box set... such childhood memories! ... but was bitterly disappointed with the extras for the first film. There is so much material out there, but perhaps Elite has the rights to all that stuff? Anyway, the LD can still be had from eBay every now and then (I got mine a couple years back for around $20... WELL worth it and sorta "completes" my NOES set). I recommend picking it up if you can. Make sure the sleeve picture is Freddy's red and green sweater; accept no substitutes! One Elite edition was movie and theatrical trailer only.

If you don't have an LD player, there's a two-tape VHS set that has all the deleted scenes as well. A little cheaper on eBay.

This appears to be the VHS: http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cg...1877&meta_id=3

18. Skippy

Skippy Stunt Coordinator

Joshua -
    Just FYI, you can pick up the ANOES Box set for a really good price at FYE.com, if you use the 15% off coupon. Plus they have free shipping on orders over $49. I just ordered the set yeserday for a few pennies over $60 delivered!! Awesome deal!!! [​IMG] Good luck.

Skippy

19. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck

20. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell