Were your parents ever hippies?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by StephenA, Feb 22, 2004.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

My dad used to be. He kind of still is. When my mom met him up until I was about 6 he was a big one. he used to look a lot like the way Sonny Bono did in the '60s. My grandmother, his mother, didn't believe he was one, so I told her to ask him. She did and was mad when he told her he was because she hated them. He's also the one who got me into '60s/early '70s music like the Moody Blues, Simon and Garfunkel, Peter Paul and Mary, Jethro Tull, Cream, Pink Floyd, Seals and Crofts, Hendrix, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Queen, etc.

2. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

Maybe I should't laugh at this, but I found it hilarious! [​IMG] To answer your question, my parents were a little too young for the hippie movement, and I don't think they have one ounce of hippie or rebellious blood in them.

3. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

It is kind of funny when you think about it. My mom was too young to be a hippie though. She's almost 12 years younger than my dad. She was more of a disco person because she was a teen in the mid to late '70s. She had just turned 20 in 1979 5 days before having me.

4. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

No, my parents weren't. I was. I'm 52 years old now and lived in L.A. during the summer of love, but traveled up to the Bay area quite frequently. I'll just say that I had a LOT of fun in those days!!! Yet, when I watch something like Monterrey Pop, I see how dated that lifestyle now is, but, when it happened, it was magnificent.

5. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

My older brothers were. I think you can still find a couple of bongs in my parent's basement. Jeeze, I hope the cops don't raid the place... that would be embarassing. [​IMG]

6. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Most definitely
    Thanks to them, I was hip to Jefferson Airplane, the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix etc. at a very young age.

7. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Not unless there were hippies in the depression era. I wasn't even though I lived through those times and was the right age, nor were any of my family.

8. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

I think the better question on this forum would be "were you a hippie?" You're going to make a lot of folks feel old with this question.

9. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Were your parents ever flappers? [​IMG]

10. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    Yo, my parents hung with Napoleon and his crew. Yo.

11. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Yep... been there, done that, got a T shirt or two, but haven't burned them yet..... still listen to all the groupsfrom that era..... especially Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Zepplin, Blackmore's Rainbow, Trapeze...... but I NEVER smoke any of that... that...that WEED anymore... no never...cough, cough, cough......

Was in college in the 60's and even though I was on the fringe of all the changes that were ocurring in that time, I truly rejoice with some of the memories.... wouldn't take nuttin' for 'em..........

Honey, where's my beads and have you seen my King Crimson album...???