Were you hesitant about reaching a post milestone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan*W, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    This is my 100th post. TA-DAA![​IMG] [​IMG] My question is did anyone wait to post a milestone message so they could use it for something important? (Not that THIS post is particularly important)
    I know I passed on replying to several threads just now because I thought to myself, "I don't want to waste my 100th post responding to THAT." Did you ever do that?

2. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Actually I didn't even know I reached 1000 posts until a member pointed it out to me, my reaction than was oh yeah 1000 posts erm ok, not realising it was customary to celebrate these things.[​IMG]
    By the time of my 2000 post milestone I was more prepared and had a little bash (more an excuse to post a humungous amount of Monty Python quotes), just wait till my 3000 post celabratory toga party thingy, its gonna be big and juicy, you'll need a password to get in!![​IMG]

3. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I had a really juicy comment for my 69th post. Oh wait a minute, I didn't. But I wanted to.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Hmm, i've missed all of my milestones... i hope i remember by my 2k post... how many do i have now?
    [​IMG] 1994??? WOW! really? Damn... 6 more... [​IMG]

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Umm, NickSo Dude, yours says 1993 on my end now... You need one more to hit that magical number known as 1994 when I was still in college and slaving away on projects.
    I think I just passed 3700 or something like that, the last time I looked I was in the high 369xs..
    Regarding hesitation, nah, I never considered anything but maybe 1000 a milestone, I'll wait til I hit 10000 for another milestone or 5000 for a coffee break. [​IMG]
    Jay

6. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I failed to notice my 1000 mark go past, and kind of struggled for anything important to say for 2000, so didn't really bother to be honest. Congratulations for getting to your first milestone though - hope its the first of many.

7. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

Heh, it's fuuny this subject came up.
    I was at 999 posts last week, and it stayed like that for almost 3 days. I wanted my 1000th post to be something witty and funny, but the opportunity never presented itself. So I waited...
    Well, I caved and ended up posting a reply to someones question. No funny, no witty...grrrr [​IMG]
    Oh well, guess I have to wait 'till 2000 now.