What's new

We're having a baby!!! (1 Viewer)

Frederick

Second Unit
My wife had gotten pretty sick last month. Turns out she managed to get both kidneys and her bladder infected. She was in the hospital for 2 days while they tried to get everything under control. Well, she went to the doctor Monday to get a check-up, and guess what? The infection's gone, but there's something else in there now!

She isn't even a month yet, but I can't help being excited. She's worried about the first trimester, though. I read that the first tri is when the highest risk of losing the baby exists. She's pretty worried about it. She didn't want to tell anyone until the third month, but word got out, naturally. So now she's REALLY paranoid. She had a son before we met, and that pregnancy went without a hitch. Any advice? This is my first child (not counting her son, which I count as my first despite having nothing to do with his arrival), and I'm already driving her crazy asking her how she feels :D. This is a whole new feeling for me. I'm excited and worried at the same time. Just wanted to share ...

Freddy C.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
She's worried about the first trimester, though. I read that the first tri is when the highest risk of losing the baby exists. She's pretty worried about it.
If it makes you feel any better, there's nothing you can do to prevent a miscarriage and nothing you can do to cause one (short of physical injury and drug abuse). If it happens, please know that it is NOT your fault because it's due to a genetic problem, a random anomoly and nothing you specifically did.

Oh, and congrats! This will be a very exciting time for the two of you!

Frederick

Second Unit
Thanx, guys.

If it makes you feel any better, there's nothing you can do to prevent a miscarriage and nothing you can do to cause one (short of physical injury and drug abuse). If it happens, please know that it is NOT your fault because it's due to a genetic problem, a random anomoly and nothing you specifically did.
Thanx, Leila. I'll be sure to remind her of that. She's been dreaming about us having a child ever since we met, and this is very, very important to us. Granted, if something does happen and we lose the baby, we'll try again. But I didn't know what else to tell her to ease her mind. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed :emoji_thumbsup:. This'll be the longest three months in history ...

Freddy C.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Frederick,

Congrats first of all,and welcome to the club. My wife is almost 3 months along. She has been sick feeling, but hasn't gotten sick yet.

I think the biggest adjustment so far has been her sleeping. She is a teacher so has the summer free. She sleeps 10 hours a night easy, then takes a two hour nap in the middle of the day. Hasn't really had much of an appetite yet.

Good luck and maybe we can exchange thoughts as we go along, we are due in March. When is your due date, if you have one yet.

Brandon

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Congrats!!! :D

I agree 100% My wife and I went through a miscarriage and this is what we were told by her doc. We also told everyone right away and then had to deal with telling everyone that we lost the baby. I am one for waiting to tell loved ones and friends till after the first trimester. I was also surprised at how many family and friends had gone through a miscarriage.

Is your wife a high-risk? My bet that because she had no problems with the first that the second will go just as smooth.

Advice for you....
  • Make sure you continue to love your wife.
  • Read the What To Expect... books or something similar together.
  • Go to every doctor appointment with her. (I still go to every doc appointment for my son and have not missed one yet)
  • Take the birthing class with your wife. Ask questions!
  • Make sure the Air Conditioner is working 100%

I was excited when I first learned of my wife being pregnant but the fear did not set in until the day after he was born and we were getting ready to bring our son home.

Congrats again! What are you hoping for? Boy or Girl?

Frederick

Second Unit
That would be great, Brandon. I need all the help I can get. She wasn't feeling great last night, but she was feeling fine this morning. And she's been really tired. It's interesting the way the baby transforms the womans body to meet it's needs. The due date's toward the middle of April, I believe. She went to WebMD and printed out a pregnancy chart. It was extremely informative, especially for me since I have NO idea what's going to happen. Dates and development cycles and everything.

I'm going to the bookstore this weekend and pick up something. I don't think she's high-risk. When we started talking about having a baby she went to the doctor to make sure she's be alright. She had a cyst on her ovaries before, so she wasn't sure if she could even become pregnant. The doctor said everything should be ok, and we're going to see a OBY/GN Sept. 9th. I'm glad it's happened at the end of summer. Summer's in Chicago can be brutal, so by the time the baby's ready, it'll only be April. At what point should we start looking into classes? Man, this feels so awkward. This is all so new to me. I have no idea what to expect.

We're both hoping for a healthy baby, naturally, but we'd like for it to be a girl. She already had a great son for me, and you'd think I was his biological father. People even say we look alike. He's hoping for a little brother, of course. The name thing's taken care of. And she doesn't want to know the sex until the birth. I never was one for surprises, but I think I'll let her have this one ...

Freddy C.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Her OBY/GN should inform you as when to take the class... seems to me we did ours about a month before our due date.

My wifes doc/mid-wife office gave us information at every vist. Information about development/size/location ect. Just wait untill you get to hear its heartbeat. :D

Another bit of advice... keep the name choices to yourself. Everybody has an opinon on names and it may just drive you crazy. People have a harder time knocking a name when your introducing them to your new baby. If you tell them before they will say "I went to school with a *insert name* and he/she was a jerk." Or something along thoes lines.

We waited to name our son until after he was born. We had a few ideas but we wanted to see what he looked like before we gave him a name.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
my wife is a month or so along now also, with our 3rd child (2 boys already, hopefully the 3rd will be a girl :) )

Last week she had to go to the hospital for spotting (which is a big caution) Turned out the body was just getting ready for the baby. Close call. All is good now.

Just make sure she still feels beautiful. That.... is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! For the next 9 months or so Its ALL about your wife.

:emoji_thumbsup: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Congrats Frederick, Brandon and dave. Hope everything goes well for you. My wife and I are planning on starting a family next year so I'll be asking you new dads a few questions then. Congrats again. David

Frederick

Second Unit
I think we should make an "Official Expecting Parents" thread. That way we can exchange information and stuff :D.

We have an idea of what we want to name the baby. I'm trying real hard to call the baby by the name and not "It". We picked a name that could work for a boy or a girl, we'll just change the spelling and the middle name. And yes, people already have given us grief over it. Not that it matters. They'll just end up calling him/her Boo or Poo or some other nickname anyway.

Not only am I paying special attention to my wife, but I've started giving my son a little extra attention, too. I don't want him thinking we don't love him as much because of the baby. He's been an only child for so long I don't know how he's going to respond to all the attention the baby will receive. I'll just have to keep an eye on him. I told him no matter what, he'll always be my first child.

Freddy C.

mark alan

Supporting Actor
Freddy,

In case nobody told, hormones can make some women become very fun between the 3 and 6 month period (nudge,nudge, wink, wink). If that happens, stock up, because you will be looking at a very long dry period after that:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks