What's new

Were best buy to get SCADs (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Ronald, I'd always check around. One place I've been rather dissatisfied with has been www.tower.com . Back in June they had some real favorable prices on quite a few SACD's. I ordered 7. I only ever got 2 of them. They sent me the redbook of The Anthony Wilson Trio which I sent back. They were very slow to acknowledge it's return and to credit my card too. They send out these weekly e-mails claiming they are trying to get your back-ordered items. It says something along the lines of we will try to get this item for 30 days and then give up. They give up alot!
Of my 7 disc order I got 1 disc the next week. The week after I got another and the before mentioned CD of Anthony Wilson. Then I got a whole lot of useless e-mail for 3 weeks.
The two most reliable places that have the small label stuff in stock consistently for me are:
www.elusivedisc.com
www.acousticsounds.com
They are not the cheapest but some titles can only be had at one or the other. Stuff like Analogue Productions and DMP are hard to get elsewhere, and there don't seem to be much in the way of discounts.
I don't like Circuit City's retail stores much, but I did get 2 SACD's from them and 1 came promptly and the other was back-ordered and came about two and a half weeks later. They had some favourable prices on some titles. They're worth looking at.
www.circuitcity.com
If you live near a Busted Buy drop in there periodically. The prices are good but selection is spotty, at best. Best wishes!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ronald, www.jandr.com has good prices on some SACDs. For example, the Rolling Stones single-disc hybrids are $12.99 each. Also, the Alison Krauss + Union Station New Favorite hybrid disc is $14.99.

Ronald_P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info.

I really like when you can narrow down the selection to SCAD only titles. The prices seem to very everywere.

Ron

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Ronald, www.jandr.com has good prices on some SACDs. For example, the Rolling Stones single-disc hybrids are $12.99 each. Also, the Alison Krauss + Union Station New Favorite hybrid disc is $14.99.
Keith, Thanks for that info. I just phone ordered J and R and bought the Alison Krauss + Union Station New Favorite hybrid disc and Cowboy Junkies Open for $34.00 delivered:D
I am getting SO tired of stopping by BB every couple of days to see the same old SACD's still there. Heck, I have even placed a few Eminem cds in the batch to see if anyone would noticed and they are still there:laugh:
Oh well, still dreaming of Bad Company, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty and some old Bruce to be announced for SACD:D
I WANT MY SACD!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dan, no problem. The only thing I don't like about J&R is that they are not keeping competitive in that they have no free shipping offers.
You said:
Heck, I have even placed a few Eminem cds in the batch to see if anyone would noticed and they are still there
Assuming you aren't pulling my leg, let me know if the Eminem CDs are still there they next time you visit. Even if you are pulling my leg, it's hilarious and a wonderful idea! :laugh:

Ronald_P

Stunt Coordinator
Patric,

Soory about the SACD not SCAD mistake. I think I have a problem there. Thanks

Keith,

Who give the free shipping? The price difference seems to be only a couple of dollars and free shippng would exceed that amount.

Ron

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Assuming you aren't pulling my leg, let me know if the Eminem CDs are still there they next time you visit. Even if you are pulling my leg, it's hilarious and a wonderful idea!
Keith, I am dead serious. The day the new Eminem came out, I found one on the floor by the SACD Sony area. I asked the nearby salesman if they had any new sacds in the back and he told me that "all that is here is out and Ya know you can't play that Eminem disc on an SACD player" I laughed and placed the disc in the sacd rack and it has been there ever since:angry: I bust a gut every time I go in there.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ronald, circuitcity.com currently has free shipping on all orders, and Amazon has free shipping on orders over $25. If you are looking to order a number of discs, look at places with free shipping. If you are only looking for one disc, it probably won't matter much. As an example, www.jandr.com has the Alison Krauss New Favorite SACD for $14.99, which is easily the lowest price I have seen. They don't have free shipping, however. J&R charges $2.95 for shipping, so the Krauss disc comes out to $17.94 delivered. You could get it from circuitcity.com for $19.99 with free shipping. So, you don't save much on one disc in going with J&R. However, the shipping charges through J&R might add up if you were to order a lot of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks