What's new

We're Back! (mostly) (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Thanks to Dave for his help with the password issue. What a pleasure to be back!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
And for those who recognize the avatar and first name, I am the person formerly known as Chas in CT. Got tired of that long ago, and took the opportunity to change it.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
First of all, welcome back. You have been missed.

I too had some log-in problems, but the email solution worked.

I do have a suggestion. Obviously some features and the look-and-feel have changed. Some have been replaced, some dropped, and some have just different 'names' It would be nice if you could put a how-to/what's changed note on the front page. Listing out where things are now, how to navigate to the stuff we used to see up front.

I realize you are all busy right now just trying to get things up an running again - working out the kinks. But afterwords, if someone could document 'here's what you used to see' / 'here's what it was replaced by'.

David

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
David Weicker said:
First of all, welcome back. You have been missed.

I too had some log-in problems, but the email solution worked.

I do have a suggestion. Obviously some features and the look-and-feel have changed. Some have been replaced, some dropped, and some have just different 'names' It would be nice if you could put a how-to/what's changed note on the front page. Listing out where things are now, how to navigate to the stuff we used to see up front.

I realize you are all busy right now just trying to get things up an running again - working out the kinks. But afterwords, if someone could document 'here's what you used to see' / 'here's what it was replaced by'.

David
Great idea David. We are hopefully going to put together some quick "how-to" videos in the next few days.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Yes, congratulations on the conversion. It's good to have you back. I missed my daily reading on HTF these past few days.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
kb2lg8.jpg
on the
jq6by9.jpg

I saw that "license exceeded" screen briefly yesterday and thought I read "Invision" on the screen. Is the new platform hosted by Invision?

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I gotta tell ya, guys -- this was a headache. I was not able to log in under my old existing name (Joe Karlosi) no matter what I tried. It did not recognize my password or email. So I had no alternative but to create a whole new account (now JoeKarlosi), where I do not have any old post count or old history.

When I first tried my original screen name, it told me that there already was an existing account with that name, so it obviously still had me in the memory... I don't understand.

The main thing is that I can still post as a new member, but I'm sure there ought to be a way to validate my old account.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
JoeKarlosi said:
I gotta tell ya, guys -- this was a headache. I was not able to log in under my old existing name (Joe Karlosi) no matter what I tried. It did not recognize my password or email. So I had no alternative but to create a whole new account (now JoeKarlosi), where I do not have any old post count or old history.

When I first tried my original screen name, it told me that there already was an existing account with that name, so it obviously still had me in the memory... I don't understand.

The main thing is that I can still post as a new member, but I'm sure there ought to be a way to validate my old account.

Just to clarify, you did enter your e-mail adress in the user ID? I had trouble logging in too but using my e-mail cleared it up.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I typed my email address in the User ID. Don't know why it didn't recognize it. It could be that an older email address for me is on account, but I tried that older one too, and nothing. I think that at one time I may have used a name before Joe Karlosi in the older days but I don't know what that was (I recall that Ron changed it to Joe Karlosi at my request for me at one point).

Another odd thing -- when I created the new account I did not receive the activation Email. Then later I learned that it might appear in the SPAM section, and I checked the SPAM -- sure enough, there was the activation confirmation!

I'll tell you this - so far I much prefer this board to the last one already!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
ahollis said:
Having a lot of fun going through and finding the new fun things. Now I know what to do this weekend, keep exploring.One question under my profile is a statement0 warning points.I seem to be the only one on here with that listed. Are y'all expecting me to be bad or something?
I see the same thing when I log on, but not on anyone else. Does it mean I'm behaving? Or am I just on the limit and might get a warning point soon? And what happens if you do get warning points? One or two, maybe okay, but three and you're out? Who knows.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
JoeKarlosi said:
Yes, I typed my email address in the User ID. Don't know why it didn't recognize it. It could be that an older email address for me is on account, but I tried that older one too, and nothing. I think that at one time I may have used a name before Joe Karlosi in the older days but I don't know what that was (I recall that Ron changed it to Joe Karlosi at my request for me at one point).

Another odd thing -- when I created the new account I did not receive the activation Email. Then later I learned that it might appear in the SPAM section, and I checked the SPAM -- sure enough, there was the activation confirmation!

I'll tell you this - so far I much prefer this board to the last one already!
Joe-
Send an email to support 'at' hometheaterforum.com. We will get your old account back up and delete your new one.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I have noticed in the various posts no real-name and yet in one post someone was referring to "Paul". Please return in the new format that existed before by giving the real-name

J

JoeKarlosi

Adam -- thanks, but I don't know what's going on. It seems that you've changed my account back to the "old" way, but yet when I tried to log in the old way, I could not . I now had to create another "new account" here again as JoeKarlosi in order to post!

How do I make sure I can type in Joe Karlosi and my old password and get on like I used to? Should I provide a whole new email and password for it??

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JoeKarlosi said:
Adam -- thanks, but I don't know what's going on. It seems that you've changed my account back to the "old" way, but yet when I tried to log in the old way, I could not . I now had to create another "new account" here again as JoeKarlosi in order to post!

How do I make sure I can type in Joe Karlosi and my old password and get on like I used to? Should I provide a whole new email and password for it??
Joe,

Try using your email address for your username. The email address that the old HTF would recognized. Also, it might prompt you to change your password or have a new password sent to your email.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
OK, fellas - thanks! I've added a new password as well as a more current email address. Hopefully we're good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks